PDA

View Full Version : Walls 3 Tier Freezer not cooling

ravfreezer
07-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi

I hope someone can give me some advise.

I have a walls 3 tier ice cream freezer, and over 2 days the fridge has slowly stopped working.

I havent heard the compressor kick in, i believe there are 2 inside, what could it be?

can it be that it needs a good clean/ Hoover/ brush down?

thank you

rav

johnharry
08-03-2012, 12:51 PM
can it be that it needs a good clean/ Hoover/ brush down?

No a Good service engineer as the system would need to be checked out I.E. Gas, wiring, and the condenser

ravfreezer
08-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi JohnHarry

Thank you for your reply.

I wanted to know if i require and engineer, if so what am i looking at to fix.

i have done some checks, and i also am an electrician so im ok to open and change etc as far as electrical is concerned.

I have Cleaned it well, although its hard to clean due to space, i have hoovered and brushed it down.

what i found was that the condensor is heating up when its on, then it cools down, the heater coil, becomes very hot and the 2 pipes connected become hot, then coold down. but the fan does not operate. i am not sure when the fan should kick in as it didnt kick in whilst testing it for 3 hours.

the top freezer is cooling and is showing around -5c so far, and the bottom one showing the same, but the middle tier is not cooling as quick and does not feel as cold.

would it be the fan?

thank you for your help and advice.

Rav.

mcunliffe4
08-03-2012, 07:34 PM
If you have emf to the fan motor and he aint turning, change it !!

NIKK38
08-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Leave well alone if you're not qualified....

Most of these units now work on R290a. One compressor does the top tier and the other comp does the lower two.

Drier blockages are common and they might need changing.

The fan should always run, it powers up from a common feed to the comp.

If the unit was supplied by Walls it may well be covered by a service contract, should be a sticker somewhere on the back with a telephone number.