PDA

View Full Version : Cool or cosy parts

AGSelec
15-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Hi anyone know where to get cool or cosy air con parts in Australia. It looks they have closed up shop. I am after in door unit pcb for a coc 18hrni.

mikeref
16-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Never heard of them, to be honest.

AGSelec
16-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Never heard of them really ?? I think they have closed up shop web site still up phones disconnected. But the question can I get parts from anywhere ?? Anyone

FreezerGeezer
16-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Not one I've heard of either. Where were they based?
Assuming the unit is in good enough nick to not be economically replaceable, you could just fit an aftermarket controller.

AGSelec
16-02-2012, 11:57 AM
OMG it must be me. They have a web site based qld phone disconnected rang SA number they dont do parts just supply ( the lady who answered the had no real idea about much)They are one of these cheap Chinese things but it is for real. Can't say I have worked on one before but I can get around it if no luck with genuine parts. Plan B I guess

rude
16-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I have worked on 1 once. It was a peice of poo and i would get rid of it. The customer tried to save themselves some money at the install stage and now its come back to bite them for installing something cheap.

AGSelec
16-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Well these ones are installed in a school about ten of them pipes in the walls. I am really looking for a solution. I know these are cheap someone was out to save a few bucks when they were installed. Their are other cheap one I can get parts for

FreezerGeezer
17-02-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm told the guys to talk to are Jng in Melbourne & Statewide in Adelaide.

Good luck.

AGSelec
17-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks for your help. I will give them a try.

MikeHolm
17-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Will people never learn?:mad:

paul_h
20-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Cool and Cosy were a ceiling insulation company in Australia.
They probably thought a/c was a good business to get into as well. They probably just bought chinese branded a/cs and rebadged them, so might be the same a/cs bonaire use, or even the 'arena' or 'amena' brand hearth house sells. the arena is pretty generic, maybe compare the wall controllers or google the PCB model numbers.
Otherwise just fit a leasam or HAN wall control and indoor PCB box, they're about $300 so no too expensive and worth just doing rather than hours of unpaid research time tracking down OEM. Allow 3-4 hours for fitting one though.