PDA

View Full Version : xarios sight glass

cadwaladr
02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
do dean and wood supply sight glass for this unit it says danfoss on it along with china so is it a ctc part only,its an ,o,ring type

clivemtk
02-02-2012, 08:34 PM
is it not just the name on box

djbe
02-02-2012, 09:05 PM
D&W may be able to get them from danfoss if you them enough time but you will probably find that there is a minimum order quantity, a long lead time and the price will be around the same as a genuine Carrier one.

We have sourced decent replacement, it is slightly shorter but not much and a reasonable saving on the Carrier one.

cadwaladr
02-02-2012, 11:00 PM
i will get my supplier to try to locate one but yes you are right d+w will prob have a min order,

froggy
03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
just heat up the sight and it will turn green no need to change there all yellow any way even when new

charlie patt
03-02-2012, 06:05 PM
the new gah drier glass fits a ctc and you get a new one with every drier i just fitted one on a xarious

cadwaladr
03-02-2012, 07:02 PM
thanks charlie,gah seem expensive to me but to be fair to them i do not buy too much off them,on the heat up front the ones i meet that need changing look like mud has been running thru a good tip tho!.

djbe
03-02-2012, 08:48 PM
just heat up the sight and it will turn green no need to change there all yellow any way even when new

And if there is moisture in the system it will turn yellow again after running for half an hour:confused:

cadwaladr
04-02-2012, 12:44 AM
as a rule the drier should be changed every 12 months in my opinion but i have heard of more regular intervals 2 in 12 months? but its an item that get neglected but with the hose connections set up i think every year ,but getting them to run green is tricky but i swear by sporlan driers but have not yet found one to fit this unit.

charlie patt
04-02-2012, 07:50 PM
the carriers always pull in moisture with those pipe fittings and fan speed control i change driers on ctc every 12 months the new gah stuff has really small driers now to and are suffering moisture issues when you fit a burgaflex fitting and oil the o rings and you can still turn the flexi pipes what can we expect, the other issue is installers most dont give a rats ass and have no idea what a good install is is all about cost.

cadwaladr
04-02-2012, 09:03 PM
on the installer front one of my customers had a lwb sprinter side door and rear doors had minimum insulation i had an issue with it and was looking in the docs found the commisioning sheet it went from +15c to -20c in less than 2 hours with a +15c ambient?

Grizzly
04-02-2012, 10:50 PM
on the installer front one of my customers had a lwb sprinter side door and rear doors had minimum insulation i had an issue with it and was looking in the docs found the commisioning sheet it went from +15c to -20c in less than 2 hours with a +15c ambient?

That's impressive!!
Grizzly

cadwaladr
04-02-2012, 11:29 PM
no its bollocks,the installer was the commisioner who made it up for certain but what i could not understand a copy of the sheet was sent back to gah they must just shred it not read it!

charlie patt
05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
i dont think they do or the other problem is the box probe moves a little and is picking up evap coil temp i had a new one the other day that customer said was doing minus 14 but it did not feel that cold it was converted in wales. the box probe was a whole half a cm from the evap the box was nearer plus two as evap fan was not working,lwb relay high roof only a arrow unit 50mm insulation on freezer no curtains and the customer said it was cheap. roll on summer

clivemtk
07-02-2012, 08:11 PM
hi cad have you taken a look at a tk ts or md200 looks like same drier

cadwaladr
07-02-2012, 08:28 PM
hi cad have you taken a look at a tk ts or md200 looks like same driernot seen one recently but the drier i can source easy not tried for the sight glass yet may give mw a call and see what size of bat they want to hit me with!