PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Fridge/Freezer Malfunction

jasunx
28-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi - couldn't exactly be sure where to post this, but it seemed troubleshooting was the most appropriate area.

I have a Samsung Fridge/Freezer, here is the product link:

http://www.samsung.com/africa_en/consumer/home-appliances/refrigerator/refrigerator-archives/RSH1JLMR1/XFA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support

About a week ago something started making a noise, like a faulty fan, and as soon as you open the fridge side, the noise comes to a sort of grinding halt. Close the fridge, and the noise would sometimes start again, until obviously the fridge side was opened again.

This week, the noise has stopped completely, but now the fridge side does not seem to be operating well. The temperature on the freezer side is always -18C, and the Fridge side I keep on +3C. This week however, the freezer side stays as set, -18C or whatever I set it to be, but the fridge side has increases to +20C and stays there!

I don't know what's wrong, I have absolutely no idea. The only attempt I made to try and figure out what was wrong was setting the freezer to the highest temperature allowed, which is -14C. I noticed that as the freezer side temperature reading started to slowly makes its way up to -14C from -18C, the fridge side actually started coming down from +20C to +15C. I figured from reading other posts, that the internal is giving priority to the freezer side because of lack of gas, and I suppose filling gas would be the logical thing to do, but that doesn't explain the weird noise I was hearing a week ago, which is why I've come here for advice. Any pointed or help anyone? Thanks in advance!

jasunx
28-01-2012, 05:14 PM
OK, just an update, I left the freezer side temperature at -14C for about 15 minutes - and the fridge side temperature has decreased completely to my desired setting of +3C. Obviously I'm still looking for advice here because I need to keep my freezer side at the desired temperature of -18C. I'm assuming if I put the freezer side back to -18C, that the fridge side will revert back to its' increased temperature of +20C.

tonto33
28-01-2012, 05:25 PM
need to check what error code you have got, then replace that part normal defrost error, sensor, thermal fuse heater...

install monkey
28-01-2012, 10:03 PM
tonto-is there a domestic firm that you would recommend to carry out such a repair? do they cover south africa-or is it a job for kompulsa?

cold.man
28-01-2012, 11:17 PM
hi jasunx

is there a microswitch for and evap fan motor on the fridge?
well firstly is there and evap coil and evap fan motor?
it just seems as you open the door the noise stops this is the reason im asking is there an evap fan motor !!!
and you say now the temp is +20 has the fan packed up if there is one?

install monkey
28-01-2012, 11:24 PM
its prob froze up solid due to faulty defrost circuit-
https://rapidshare.com/files/2253394102/samsung_rs_21kgrs1xeo__ET_.pdf;
parts list

tonto33
29-01-2012, 09:09 AM
yes there is a firm in south africa that could do the repair www. u been spammed.com or www. have more Infractions for helping people out .com

cool_tech
04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey guys,
this is a common fault of theese fridges. they have a faulty defrost sensor and ice will build up on the fan. the fan stops as the door is opened and sound is the fan spinning hitting ice.If it is under warranty or just out of warranty call samsung. if not go to samsung service agent.
good luck