PDA

View Full Version : In relation to the thermography post !!!!

cold.man
23-01-2012, 10:31 PM
After reading the thermography post got me thinking of using this method for detecting refrigerant leaks.

This method may already be in use in the industry, This may be a stupid question but if i knew i wouldn't ask it.

If there is such a tool has anyone used it and how effective is it?

install monkey
23-01-2012, 10:35 PM
youve done 2 posts regarding leaks-should i wear ba equipment whilst shopping?haha

cold.man
23-01-2012, 10:50 PM
alright mate how are you?
the leak detector post is to find out if my 2 are as ****e as i think they are !!!! the other post is just pure curiosity but the cat may get hit by a truck we will see.

obviously leak testing is heart breaking and totally soul destroying for us all, if can make it easier for myself with a decent detector happy days !!!!

install monkey
23-01-2012, 11:04 PM
get an apprentice-get him through his 2079 and give him his moby back when he finds the leak-best way of getting a new sniffer is by emptying a store and telling ur boss ur sniffer didnt flinch!haha

chillerman2006
23-01-2012, 11:50 PM
get an apprentice-get him through his 2079 and give him his moby back when he finds the leak-best way of getting a new sniffer is by emptying a store and telling ur boss ur sniffer didnt flinch!haha

I'm goona have to make an order with rosetta stone to learn mancurian

I got as far as moby back is not moby d1ck but mobile phone

but am lost with this sniffer bit... does it have something to do with white powder and a rolled up £50 note ?

Magoo
24-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Hi Coldman.
I seen thermography cameras spot leaks on a demo video presentation, the sensitive cameras spot the temp changes in the air. Never tried it myself.

chemi-cool
24-01-2012, 05:06 AM
There is a camera for spotting leaks, I don't know the resolution, check on Flir's web site, there is a shortm film to demonstrate how it works.