PDA

View Full Version : problem

rafca
16-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Just installed 5 chigo split unit, model: KFR-25W/Db. start heat mode, but a little heat coming out. all the compresor unit was froseen every time working. low gas. To insert gas need to disconnect cable label # 3 in the compresor, to start in cool mode, gas was below 30 psi, just got some gas insede to 40 psi. but now no start in heat mode, just the fan in the compresor work, change to cool mode and just the fan inside work but no the compresor. Any sugestion, this are new unit and is very cool hear ( afganistan).

Brian_UK
16-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Recover all refrigerant, evacuate system and recharge with correct weight of refrigerant.

Ensure that all electrical cables are connected properly.

sedgy
16-01-2012, 11:39 PM
HI RAF, things to cheak = is filter clean , is outdoor fan running right way , have you over gasses the system ? have you added the right gas ) what gas is it ? hope you get it fixed quick , sedgy ,

rafca
17-01-2012, 06:33 AM
The gas is R 22

monkey spanners
17-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Is n3 wire for the reversing valve? Is it too cold to run in cooling mode? Try warming the room air sensor to see it it will run.

paul_h
17-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Funny how they never gave the discharge pressure in heating mode.
The said they charged from 30psi to 40 psi (with the reversing valve disconnected to allow charging through the suction service valve shraeder). But never any pressure reading on heating mode given, or temps.

rafca
17-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Thank for answer's, but need to apply some solution to fixed the problem, let know when I fixed this.

Gary
17-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Just installed 5 chigo split unit, model: KFR-25W/Db. start heat mode, but a little heat coming out. all the compresor unit was froseen every time working. low gas.

Why would you think it was low on gas? If the outdoor coil was frozen, then why wasn't it going into defrost mode?

paul_h
17-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Gary, most defrost controllers for domestics have a minimum run time, to stop them being on constant defrost. So regardless of defrost requirement, they will not do a defrost cycle unless 40+ minutes have elapsed usually.

Edit: that's assuming the cheap chinese unit has an outdoor thermistor at all. Some don't, mine doesn't.
But some just defrost based on indoor coil temp as there's no defrost PCB in the outdoor, or any thermistors on a lead to the indoor control PCB, They must just guess on when the indoor coil temp drops low...
Next step up from that is a flying lead to the outdoor unit for the indoor PCB,
Only after that, when people are willing to pay more for an a/c, does the magic of an outdoor defrost PCB show it's head

Gary
17-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I have very little experience with heat pumps. On my own system, there is a defrost thermostat which makes at 32F/0C. This initiates a timer which causes the system to defrost 30 minutes later. The timer can be manually set for 30, 60 or 90 minutes.

In any case, if the outdoor coil is completely frosted the very last thing that would come to mind is low on gas. The first thing would be defrost problem.

Gary
17-01-2012, 07:52 PM
I found this manual for it:

http://www.chigogroup.com/upload/1011/201011111573.pdf

Defrost info is near the end of the pdf file.