PDA

View Full Version : MCS Certification

sparkatan
09-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Can anyone tell me which certificate the MCS require for heat pump installation. I cannot find any info which tells me this. Is it a City and Guilds, CITB or other?

hyperion
09-01-2012, 10:15 AM
As far as I know it will be the C&G 2079 or equivalent and manufacturer approved training courses. I do not know of any others that are available. This is what we are going to be using for our application.

Quality
09-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Its the C&G 2399 for air to water or groundsource to water but this is a plumbing qualification

sparkatan
09-01-2012, 04:55 PM
It appears there is no particular certificate and that any course will do. All seems a bit vague in my opinion.

Magoo
10-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Can we actually use normal English, as in MCS, would that mean "my car suxs ", which it really does, and I had to fix the aircon as well. I don't know where C & G [ Cyril and Greg ] the two tail gunners get envolved. I am old and confused, plus give S&G a wide walk past clutching the crown jewels.

frank
10-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Magoo....steady on lad.....here's some translation to keep your blood pressure down.....

MCS = Microgeneration Certification Scheme (as far as i know a UK based scheme)
C&G = City and Guilds....a UK trade qualification body
S & G.....anybodies guess lol

#OP
To achieve MCS registration, you will need to put forward an individual (principal duty holder) who has the relevant qualifications for the particular generation discipline that you want, i.e. Solar hot water, Solar PV, Biomass, Heat pumps etc.
In addition, that individual must demonstrate that he/she has Working at Heights training, Health & Safety training, and the company must have a Quality management System in place, relevant insurances, Health & Safety policy etc etc.....see here (http://www.niceiccertification.com/Uploads/File2159.pdf) for full details