PDA

View Full Version : Used container wanted

Contactor
08-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Hello

Does anybody know where I can get a second hand container for a customer?

All types and ages considered!

Thanks

Grizzly
08-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi contactor.
I have just googled 2nd hand containers for sale.
This was the first link of many.

http://www.containerteam.co.uk/storage-container-sales/index.html?gclid=CP_rxt-FwK0CFYEmtAod-kAKBg

Or are you after ones that are available before the dealers get their hands upon them?

Cheers Grizzly

Contactor
08-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Thank you.

They're using something that looks like it used to be on the back of a lorry a long time ago, (it's made of wood!), they've been told it's got to go. Anything suitable will do, ideally they would re-use the fridge in a new container.

charlie patt
08-01-2012, 04:39 PM
what length do you want i no of several chiller freezer?

Contactor
11-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Its about 16'x8'x8', it's an old truck body I think, but anything similar would do, most of the reefers i've seen are 20' minimum.

Magoo
11-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Ring any shipping company, they dispose hundreds yearly. { there are hundreds bobbing around in the sea off NZ east coast if you want to come pick one up }

cadwaladr
12-01-2012, 03:45 AM
one prob i have found with using a sea container is the defrost they do not like too many door openings,much the same as a road going body the solution is to get a well insulated truck body and put commercial equipment on it,the problem is do you heat the door seals which in my experience is yes if you have a lot of traffic in + out of the box!.road going units tend to be heavy on energy consumption and constant maintainence is required dependent on unit type.

mikeref
12-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Ring any shipping company, they dispose hundreds yearly. { there are hundreds bobbing around in the sea off NZ east coast if you want to come pick one up } Is that shipwreck still giving problems over there Magoo? Containers would be waterlogged and rather smelly by now :eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvdVmKMugw

Magoo
12-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Hi Mike ref,
definitly a mess out there, containers are washing up on beaches. The ship got whacked with 7 metre swells and finally broke in half. The reef is a knob in the ocean and depths drop away to 80 metres deep, they had got hundreds of containers off before storm and 90 % of the heavy bunker oil off as well. The Captain and Nav officer are in jail, just in case they try and skip the country