PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu VRF J series multi split info wanted

Mike08
30-12-2011, 03:09 AM
I hope I'm posting in the right area (very clueless about forums, blogs, threads, politics etc). I have recently acquired at Fujitsu AO54UJCMR outdoor unit, and a handful of small indoor heads, and a few electronic Tx Valves. Does anyone have an installation manual, and a service/repair manual for this system. Also, I think I may be missing an interface to electrically connect the indoor units to the outdoor unit, as there is only one terminal 3 at the outdoor unit, which I believe to be the digital communication line between indoor and outdoor units. Or do all three wires from indoor units connect directly to the three terminals on outdoor unit, in parallel?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Mike.

P.S. In case you're wondering, I am a qualified fridgie.

assailant
30-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi Mike,

I have installed a Fujitsu J series recently (was 4x wall splits + 1x cassette and then ripped out the ugly wall warts when the owner realised how bad they looked and turned it into 5x cassettes).

you are right, the system has an interface card which is a separate unit.

wiring from outdoor unit goes to the interface card and then from there it loops to each indoor unit. im pretty sure the interface card needs an address set as 0 and then each indoor unit is addressed thereafter.

ill see if i can dig up some literature on it for you.

ps. im assuming you have wall mounted indoor units judging by the fact you have EXVs? they are a pain, especially with the limited length of the cable between indoor unit and EXV. (think i have a few left over from when we replaced the wall mounted with cassettes as the cassettes have the EXV built into the indoor unit)

<edit> just shot down to the office to see what i could find for ya (took the mrs family car and a van load of tourists backed into our honda :(
send me a private message with your email address and ill send you the install manual for the 'network convertor' i scanned.
ive got install manuals for outdoor unit, wall mount and cassette indoor units as well as the group central controller but they are all in hard copy too. so if you would like any of those, let me know which ones specifically and ill go and scan those for you also.

rob.

Mike08
03-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi Rob, Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I don't know how to PM with this site, I couldn't even find this post (thread) again, after I closed the page down to reboot the the computer. My email address is chaps@hotkey.net.au, so just email me there, then I won't get lost in the forum. I would be interested in the manual for the indoor wall mounts, and the group central controller (presumably that's the interface card you're talking about.

I did connect two indoor units to the outdoor unit, and gave it a run, and it appeared to run ok, with the compressor speeding up when I turned the second head on, and it slowed down again when I went back to only one head running. I simply wired the terminal 3 of the indoors, direct to term 3 on the outdoor unit. But I'll contact the mob that uninstalled it, and see if they have the interface module.

Kind regards, Mike.

assailant
04-01-2012, 03:40 AM
for the future benefit of others trawling for answers here ill paraphrase what ive said to mike:

The network convertor is different to the group central controller.

The group central controller is a wall mounted keypad which can be used to control all the indoor units from one central location. I don’t think it is necessary to have a central controller because each indoor unit has its own wireless remote anyway, but some clients like to be able to turn all units off with one touch of a button on their way out of the house.

The network convertor is the interface between indoor units and the outdoor unit.

flyinkiwi
04-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Hi Mike.

I have manuals etc, and a group controller & network convertor (among other parts) that I took out of my place last year.

:eek::eek::eek: Terminal 3 is a serial signal communication wire - all units connected to the outdoor must be wired in SERIES only.

It's pretty simple - the network convertor must be the first item connected to the OD unit - the indoors come after the convertor.

The network convertor is only necessary if you wish to have a group controller attached - otherwise you can simply connect the indoor units in series and use their individual wall or wireless remote control.

assailant
04-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Hi Mike.
The network convertor is only necessary if you wish to have a group controller attached - otherwise you can simply connect the indoor units in series and use their individual wall or wireless remote control.

nice point kiwi