PDA

View Full Version : ALtherma 2 port valve motorised valve wiring.

JoeP88
20-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to posting on the forum although have found many threads very useful

I'm in the process of installing my first Daikin Altherma (LT) system. I mainly install vrv's and splits so my knowledge on plumbing and chilled water is limited.

The problem I've got is with the wiring on a Honeywell V4043h 2 port motorised valve, which has been put in by the plumber to isolate the underfloor heating whilst in cooling mode.

I understand the port is normally closed. I've got three terminals on the hydrobox to wire the 2 port valve into they are labelled:
5. Normally closed valve
6. Normally open valve
7. Common

However coming from the valve I have a 5 core cable including colours, brown, blue, earth, orange and grey.

As I only have three terminals I wonder if anyone can tell me which coloured cable I need to wire into which terminal?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated
Many thanks

Joe

Mark
20-12-2011, 08:50 PM
http://customer.honeywell.com/techlit/pdf/95c-00000s/95c-10819.pdf

Dont know if this helps but a google search came up with a load of links

mark

JoeP88
20-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Thats the diagram I've got with the valve. That shows it being wireed through a normal conventional boiler with a programmer and I can't really make any sense of it, thanks anyway.

Joe

frank
20-12-2011, 09:07 PM
That valve is not compatible with the Altherma for wiring into the 3 port valve terminals.
A 2 port valve is used on the DHW cylinder when a solar kit is installed, and this is wired through the solar kit.

If you are talking about a 2 port valve to isolate a part of the system then this is called a zone valve and needs to be controlled separately.

The normal 3 port valve terminals are used by the Altherma to change between Heating and DHW.

JoeP88
20-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah I've got a 3 port ESBE valve installed and wired in for that function no problem.
In the installation manual and the wiring diagram the hydrobox is set up to control a 2 port valve from terminals 5,6,7 as they don't want you to put chilled water through the underfloor heating circuit.

frank
20-12-2011, 09:47 PM
I've just downloaded this from the Extranet...

Hope it fits your system (as you did not give model numbers)

goshen
21-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi
just wondering why are you using valves that are controlled with 230vac??
expecialy on water pipes??
good luck

chilliwilly
06-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Common practice over here gosh, no danger as the pipes are bonded directly and indirectly. Try this link for some practical information.

WWW. GASCENTRALHEATINGUK.COM

goshen
06-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi
nice and interesting site !
best regards