PDA

View Full Version : Glass Door Condensation Heating Unit

KWALKER182
16-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this but need some advice on a set of commercial glass door freezer units, is it possible to turn off the heating element within a freezer which stops the doors misting over when they are opened and then reclosed?

I am curious if this has been done and if it is possible will it affect the life of the unit?

Any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards:confused:

stufus
16-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm mainly air con ,but does the same heater stop the door seals from freezing??
Cheers
Stu

al
16-12-2011, 08:08 PM
These trim heaters can be cycled, Danfoss Adap kool units do this to reduce consumption, depends on in store ambients though

al

chemi-cool
17-12-2011, 11:04 AM
The condensation on the glass is from the surround humid air. It accrues only when you open the door.
The heating elements are for keeping the door seal from freezing and getting stuck to the door frame as Stu said.
If the unit is of high quality then the glass sheets on the door,[double or triple] should have inert gas between them at atmospheric pressure so you cant have condensation there.
If you will take a close look, you will see that only the glass on the inside get misty from condensation.

richard101080
22-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Rdm make a humidity control stat that cycles the trim heaters on and off inline with the humidity in the store. Beware some case manufactors state the the trim heaters should be on all the time.

cassbrods
23-12-2011, 10:35 PM
most frame/trim heaters can be isolated by simply pulling a fuse, but this will lead to ice forming around the door seals and then defrosting when cabinet is on defrost leading to leaks from cabinet and staining along front of cabinet, not recommended really