PDA

View Full Version : Instalation for LiebertPrecision

Eep
30-11-2011, 02:06 PM
HI ... I have a question for the installation of Liebert precision type Pex 3100, indoor location is located on floor 5th while outdoor on floor 1st ... a vertical distance of 20 meters range, whether the need for oil trap or not? Where oil traps should be installed? In hot gas or in Liquica line

chemi-cool
30-11-2011, 02:28 PM
If the outdoor unit is below the indoor unit, you do not need oil traps.
You have to add some oil at the istalation as the manufacturer states.

Eep
30-11-2011, 03:50 PM
ok thanks .... but if I would put the receiver after the condensing unit, is there any benefit? ... note that in the system compressor is mounted on indoor

Brian_UK
30-11-2011, 07:12 PM
ok thanks .... but if I would put the receiver after the condensing unit, is there any benefit? ... note that in the system compressor is mounted on indoorIn that case I would install oil traps.

[edit] McQuay do a useful design book...
http://www.mcquay.com/mcquaybiz/literature/lit_systems/AppGuide/AG_31-011_120407.pdf

Mick13
01-12-2011, 11:08 AM
actually.... i dont think u will need oil traps

you have a unit which is essentially a packaged unit with a remote condenser, with the condenser being 20m below the unit

the discharge gas will be coming out of the compressor and going DOWN to the condenser, then coming back UP the liquid line as a liquid, so im pretty sure that because its liquid coming up 20m it will carry the oil with it, can anyone else confirm this?

from my experience u need oil traps when the evap is below the condensing unit, because refrigerant in vapour form cant carry the oil up that high....

Eep
01-12-2011, 11:54 PM
So .... what action should I do now? ... Please help me solve this problem

mirza ateeq
10-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Hi Dear
it is not recommended to install outdoor unit bellow the indoor unit. you can install outdoor unit bellow to the indoor unit maximum 6 meter.
otherwise you have to take special recommendation from factory. if you will study its manual then you will come to knwo that only 6 meter is recommended in case ,outdoor unit is installed bellow to the indoor unit