PDA

View Full Version : Amateur entrepreneur looking to ID a TK unit

SmallFoodTruck
20-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Hello group,
I'm new here, and am in the process of modifying a 12-foot box truck into a reefer for transport of food products. I wanted to see if someone could help me ID the reefer unit in these photos so I can research its cooling capacity and compatibility with my 7.3L diesel. In the photos, it is attached to a small reefer box that fits into compact pickup trucks. The seller doesn't know much about any of it so I'm hoping I can draw on someone's knowledge in this forum.
Thanks!

cadwaladr
20-11-2011, 05:24 PM
thats a thermo king v unit looks like its in a .mess

djbe
20-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Looks like a V250?

cebunting
22-11-2011, 12:30 AM
do you have the compressor mounting brackets for it?

SmallFoodTruck
22-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Yeah, it looks like a mess but I'm told it was working when put in storage. No compressor mounting brackets that I know of, and no compressor either. The whole thing might not be a deal for $2k. It seems hard to come by smaller used reefer units, at least in my remote area. Guess I'll keep checking ebay and craigslist. Thanks very much for the info - it will help me on my project.

moggy66
25-11-2011, 01:52 AM
Where abouts in the States are you?
If you take the cover off there should be a serial sticker just by the sight glass that'll tell you alot ie type of unit serial number B/M #

cadwaladr
25-11-2011, 05:29 AM
one thing to consider is that the old unit you are looking at is contaminated etc being left outside unsealed does a fridge system no good and piping /compressor needed a new unit may make more sense warranty and hopefully trouble free[for a while anyway]pennywise pound foolish springs to mind best of luck.

wilt
29-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Yep sure looks like a V250 what refrigerant is it on,has it got standby(can be plugged in on single phase electric)?They dont Produce that model any more but still a few running around here in the uk.

SmallFoodTruck
03-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Hi Group,
Thanks to all who posted to my question. I didn't end up getting this unit but instead just got a Carrier 30s that looks to be in good shape. I am sure once I dive into the installation I will have some more questions for you all. Right now I am in dire need of a (preferably) used walk-in cooler door to replace the rear roll-up door for my reefer box. I am not going to be dealing with pallets and the walk-in door seems pretty appropriate. However, because of my relatively remote area, I am also having a hard time locating a door. Any suggestions? I suppose any kind of swinging insulated door would do, something I could frame in myself. I've tried most of the used restaurant equipment stores in the state but none have just doors available. Any reefer truck supply places I should check out?
Thanks so much!