PDA

View Full Version : sabroe smc 112 L valve spring

engrp
20-09-2011, 05:18 AM
hello fellow members,

i recently ordered parts from ralco, and one part , in particular looks different from the original part . the part name is valve spring , part number 2141047. i attached picture of the parts. the left part is the new delivery , while the spring on the right is the existing part. haw anyone ever used this type of spring on smc series ? or is this really the appearanc eof the new spring for the smc series ? thank you for any info you can provide.

engrp
20-09-2011, 05:33 AM
sorry guys, am having difficulty posting the picture. the file size is less than 100 kb. maybe i have problem with internet. post the picture later after conferring with my isp.

Grizzly
20-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi engrp.
Without looking at your pictures.
I can take a good guess that what you have is the original ( a rolled flat strip with the ends not square. But protruding out like a blunt pencil.)
Whilst the new replacement is a Helical coil spring.
This is Sabroe replacement / upgrade.
It has been this style for several years now.
Grizzly

engrp
20-09-2011, 01:06 PM
thnaks for the reply , grizzly. but what i have is the reverse. the original spring is the helical coil,and the delivered spring was the rolled flat strip , as per your comment. so in essence, what i got from ralco was a very dated replacement part. thanks , sorry , still having problems with my internet provider. (i can send attachments by email, but not thru this forum).

Grizzly
20-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Don't worry, in my opinion the old style you have are more than good enough for the job.
Just more expensive to produce that's all!
I would just fit them and cease worrying.
Grizzly

engrp
22-09-2011, 06:56 AM
thanks again, grizzly