PDA

View Full Version : Extra subcooling and heat recovery - can this bring benefits

crocens
04-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi there :)

Its me once again ;)

This time I was wondering, if it is a good idea to try take back some heat from liquid line. I know that there is not much heat to take but lets say we hawe i buffor tank and whater that goes into that tank is 10*C. Why not to try heat it to, lets's say, 25*C with extra heat exhanger on liquid line? We get better benefits in two fields: more cooling power becouse of more subcooling (so less number of compressors must run) and we get a little warmer suply water...

What do you think about that? Do you have any experience whith using liquid heat?
Does it have any sens from economic point of view?
I attached simple drawing. Green lines are water. Two heat exhangers on right are water and air condenser.

In free time i have made some calculations and it seems that it can be benefitial but i would like to know your opinions...

chillerman2006
04-09-2011, 10:01 PM
hi Crocens

full/partial heat recovery & de-superheaters both in use mate

R's chillerman

crocens
04-09-2011, 10:09 PM
to be sure we talk about the same things ;)
In my country:
partial heat recovery: recovery only from hot gases
full: recovery from hot gasses and recovery of condensing heat

but i did not see any one pulling out heat from liquid refrigerant (here where i live). So on my drawing after those two HX on right we have liquid, lets say 35*C and from that liquid i want to take some more heat to have bigger subcooling and a little bit warmer water at inlet to tank...

chillerman2006
04-09-2011, 10:14 PM
to be sure we talk about the same things ;)
In my country:
partial heat recovery: recovery only from hot gases
full: recovery from hot gasses and recovery of condensing heat

but i did not see any one pulling out heat from liquid refrigerant (here where i live). So on my drawing after those two HX on right we have liquid, lets say 35*C and from that liquid i want to take some more heat to have bigger subcooling and a little bit warmer water at inlet to tank...

Your Totally Right Crocens...I did not read it correct or look at your drawing, there is something in the pipeline though, I will forward you their details as soon as release is complete

R's chillerman

crocens
04-09-2011, 10:25 PM
thank you :)

chillerman2006
06-09-2011, 04:34 PM
In free time i have made some calculations and it seems that it can be benefitial but i would like to know your opinions...

No Benefit .... apart from beneficial to legionella & other water born desease's :rolleyes:

Thanks
:D

Segei
07-09-2011, 02:10 AM
First. You should determine payback for this HE. To compare your investments and energy savings.
Second. What will happen if HE rusted and has a leak?

anup
03-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Did you try your assumption? Is it beneficial?