PDA

View Full Version : Seltec Zexel TM16 compressor

climas
31-08-2011, 12:36 PM
What is differences between TM 16 XD and TM16 HD.One is transport second air conditioning aapplication,and ***** is different.But if I change oil and relief valve in TM16HD, in this cases is possible to put them to transport application?Does exist inside the compressor construction differences?
Regards all members

tony2009
31-08-2011, 11:19 PM
I was wondering the same thing.
Thermo King uses a mixture of XD and HD compressors on their off engine drive units.
I've put some feelers out and let you know what I find.

djbe
01-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Oil type?

10 characters.

climas
01-09-2011, 08:56 AM
TK Unit with R404a max version common use TM16XD,but I wait Tony to open this feeler to see does exist differental between XD and HD version.I have broken only XD.And where to find limits of application Seltec compressor with ***** R404a version XD?
When I order compressor to TK dialer he deliver me compressor from WAECO, I kill myself if this compressor is not made in China

tony2009
01-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I put out a number of inquiries with companies in the US selling the Seltec compressors, asking what the difference is between them, I'm still waiting to hear back; these guys are not the quickest.
I've heard of WAECO but haven't had any experience with them.
The Seltec compressors are not a bad compressor but are not very popular in Australia for some reason, they're here because they come with the Thermo King units; otherwise, I know of cases where the Seltecs have been replaced by Sanden and Unicla R404 equivalents because they are a lot cheaper, easier to get and appear to last as long as the Seltec compressors but as a retrofit, they can be a pain because of modifications to fit them, spacing the mounts, replumbing the hoses, etc.
If I want to buy a Seltec compressor from someone other than a TK dealer, I have to purchase overseas.
Hopefully, I'll get some answers in the near future.

tony2009
01-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Climas, I caught up with a mate of mine in the US who is following up for me as well.
Let me know your email address and I'll put you onto him to see what he can do for you.
He's currently organizing a Seltec TM16-HD for me at a good price.
Tony....