PDA

View Full Version : Not your average Carrier alarm. Anyone seen THIS?

Vandman
27-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I've been in this industry for awhile now and through out my constant 80hour work weeks I've seen A LOT of weird things. But never this.

Has anyone ever seen a Carrier unit have an "SP" alarm?? The unit will not start because there is no set point entered. The unit starts once you change the setpoint.

BUT... The hour meters have been reverted back to ZERO and the config has been erased.

It is like the micro has reset itself. I've seen this twice in the last 2 weeks (TM1000 summit micro, Supra 850). Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix? I was thinking maybe the trailer had been welded on or maybe the config plug harness had chafed through to ground .

Vandman
27-08-2011, 02:50 PM
ADDED INFO.

In the case of the Carrier supra 850 I did find the "SLP B" Config plug wire grounded out on the frame within the harness. Unit was left on run test once electrical was repaired. the problem did not persist.

IRMechanik
31-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I've never seen that code but at school carrier told me if you ever see it, change the micro. Don't diagnose, think or waste any time, just change the micro. It could happen again at any time with dire consequences.

If you found the serial port shorted to ground there is a chance you solved the problem. I guess that leaves it for the customer to decide. This is what I found, this is what carrier recommends, your call.

Boss302
01-09-2011, 04:24 AM
I haven't ever seen the SP alarm on a Summit micro, only advantage micro, although I have seen several Summit micros zero out the hourmeters and reset all of the configs to off. Easy way to tell if the configs have been reset is the CDT will show ---. The ones I have seen this happen on are very old Rev's Like 01.xx eeprom. I agree, the shorted out SP wire may be the prob on the Supra.