PDA

View Full Version : daikin split unit (ATXS35CVMB9) keeps stopping, showing faultcode U0

dennis34802
16-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Hello everybody, Iam experiencing the following problem:
My 2005 daikin siesta split unit keeps failing. Everytime it fails it shows the same fault code, U0 (long beep)..... the other U codes are beeping twice (short beep). The funny thing however: sometimes it fails after an hour of operation, sometimes it fails after two days.... When it works, it works fine..... it cools and it heats.....
I found out that the fault code means either a shortage of fluid or a failure of the eev.
My dealer changed the eev and checked the fluid level. No leakage exists....
The problem remains though!
Today my dealer suggested to install a brand-new one, since he already spent 5 hours trying to solve the problem, without any success....
Off course i would prefer to have the problem fixed, so i might need some help ;-)

Thanx Dennis

install monkey
16-08-2011, 09:23 PM
faulty pipe sensor thus tricking the unit into generating a fault.
ask your dealer to check all pipe thermistors at different temperature values and confirm resistances are within range.
my dealer doesnt fix air con just flogs weed!:D

chillerman2006
16-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi Dennis

cant say whats up but

I would have a good look at the coils and check there condition

If they are starting to deteriate then yes I would go for a new one

If there still in good condition you want a engineer to tell you whats wrong

and quote for the repair

If the quote comes back over 50% of new installed then go for new & enjoy the peice of mind of the warranty

R's chillerman

chillerman2006
16-08-2011, 09:27 PM
faulty pipe sensor thus tricking the unit into generating a fault.
ask your dealer to check all pipe thermistors at different temperature values and confirm resistances are within range.
my dealer doesnt fix air con just flogs weed!:D

Evening Install Monkey

Bet your xmas doo's are one 'chilled' out party mate
:D:D:D

dennis34802
16-08-2011, 09:37 PM
THanx man, I'll tell my dealer. I keep you posted....

install monkey
16-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Evening Install Monkey

Bet your xmas doo's are one 'chilled' out party mate
:D:D:D

i dont go to them. too busy working! full of wa****s any way haha

dennis34802
16-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Thank you chillerman,

Yep, thats true, a new one gives me a full 5 year warranty, furthermore my dealer only bills me the new unit and he does not charge me for the work he did on the old one..... Its a great dealer!
On the other hand, these systems are supposed to last for +-15 years? Mine is only 6 years old....

chillerman2006
16-08-2011, 09:56 PM
i dont go to them. too busy working! full of wa****s any way haha

Me niether mate, the last one got so legless, cant remember, but do remember being top of the list when redundancies came round later the following year :eek:
Never been to one since

See I do learn by my mistakes

install monkey
16-08-2011, 10:11 PM
but how can he bill u if he hasnt fixed it.-sensors will only cost around £20. siesta units are daikins budget range to compete with b+q and other diy shops selling cheap cr*p-daikin were selling them at £300 for 2.5 or 3.5kw,if ur going for new dont get them ururu sarara units theyre too big! go for the ux1 ftxg range

dennis34802
16-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Hmmm, thats bad news.... i was under the impression that i bought a top of the bill product.....I live in the netherlands and i paid much more for the unit than 300 dollars.... Anyway, Ill tell my dealer about the sensors, i hope thats the problem.... Isnt it strange though, if the sensors are faulty, how come the unit keeps sometimes running for days before it fails..... Have you ever seen this complaint before?

install monkey
16-08-2011, 10:43 PM
£300 british pounds-that was if u bought a pallet of 10-the siesta units that were in the uk had a 6 core interconnect and a 2 core sensor lead too.and installing them was a pain in the ass.
sensors can cook and the insulation can go either open/short circuit or give a poor value

dennis34802
16-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Okido! Ill ask my dealer, lets hope that solves the problem!
is the FTX35GV a better unit? I think thats the one my dealer is going to install (if we dont find the problem).....

install monkey
16-08-2011, 10:54 PM
thats what ive just fitted at home,its daikin (matsu.s.h.i.t.a) . inverter compressor,pir motion sensor for energy saving.