PDA

View Full Version : pizza prep cooler comp. sizing

captjake
06-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Hi guys,

I have a Hussman pizza prep table that was previously on a remote refrigeration system in a supermarket. I bought it very cheap in a auction. It has space for a condensing unit and I would like to make it a stand alone unit. Only problem is I have nothing on the name plate about compressor size. It's does say designed for R-507 refrigerant, but also the TXV is stamped R-502, 507, 404a, and 402a. The TXV is an ALCO HFSC 1/4 PC. That a 1/4 ton P for 507 and C for med temp.

I called the Hussman and they won't get back to me until later next week. The model is COUNTER 6 PIZZA PREP FSR.
Serial 1030612200113856 AND Order # 880639 (Nothing on website)

I mesured the interior and came up with 7.6 cubic feet of refrigerated space including the evaporator but minus the stainless steel panels and evaporator housing. Holds 3 full hotel pans. I will attach photos.

My options are open. I also want it to perform well because it will sit in a kitchen. It will be in a A/C kitchen, but can get up to 85F on the hotter days of the summer. It has no basement and the roof is two stories up.

Any advice would be helpful.
AND yes the system came sealed up and in a vacuum, I checked.

Thank you. Jake

chillerman2006
06-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Hi Captjake

your local supplier should be able to spec a condensing unit based on your evaporator size not the cabinet

Go R404 as I have never heard anything good about 507 (reported performance drops when replacing R22)

Even though doing a quick check shows R507+R134 = R404