PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba 3 pipe smi vrf system with warm suction line and high suction pressure.

Dr Cold Thumb
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Has anyone had an issue with the switch box valves ie suction valve, heating valve. I've replaced the suction valve, heating valve, and PMV (pulse modulation valve) as the indoor unit it fed was not cooling but all other unit were, after investigation I found the suction valve was stuck shut, the suction valve is a solinoid valve.

After replacing the valves and running the system I found I had high suction pressure (130psi) and a very warm suction line, I could also here the refrigerant passing through the heating valve, I used a magnet to operate the valve and was eventually alble to close it, however it is now doing the same thing and I suspect the heating valve will need to be replaced.

Dr Cold Thumb
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Anyone had similar issues. And yes I did wet rag the valves when braizing.

install monkey
02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
had loads of problems with tosh multi boxes on the super multi units,coils burning out not energising,replaced with sanagigoya coils off ice machine defrost valves as it only cost £12 as opposed to £57 from tosh.
units wouldnt heat in certain rooms due to coils weak,multiboxes showing comms error due to pcbs faulty.never go to t mobile at rotherham