PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations in liquid line

lv frigo
31-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with vibrations in the liquid line at the plant for the deep freezing.
The plant is very simply, with one compressor Bitzer HSN 8571-125 with economiser, one Guntner blast freezer, air cooled condenser and liquid receiver 300 lit.
Q=75 kw at -44C/+40C, liquid subcooling 39K, superheating 7K.
Expansion valves: 2 x TES12 (06) - Danfoss recommended 07 (but the vibrations in liquid line begin immediately)
Solenoid valves: 2 x EVR10 (16 mm)

During operation of the plant suddenly appearing vibrations in liquid line. Working conditions are within a values ​​given Bitzer software. Sometimes the temperature of the subcooled liquid is too low (-7C) and it occurs when the level of liquid in the sight glass at the outlet of the receiver starts to decline. If a flow complete stop, starts vibration.

If we close the solenoid valve during operation of the plant (compressor is operated), we feel only a slight impulse to return liquid line. When after a short time we open solenoid valve, after the initial start pulse vibration weak to eventually increase. So many are accompanied by a strong sound that can cause fracture of the pipe or some of the components of the pipeline. This is a fact that we have proved.

It is possible that during the operation of some electrical components to supply solenoid valve (relay or contactor) interrupts the power supply and it includes and excludes. But it can not yet prove it.
Because we have two valves that are open simultaneously, just by closing a valve reduces the flow through the economizer and come up with the increased liquid subcooling. If only one valve (or both) reopen the noise or vibration occurs.

Please help if someone has had similar symptoms or experiences with the described problem.

Thank you for all information

Magoo
01-08-2011, 12:13 AM
hello Iv frigo
High liquid velocities through liquid line causing vibration, liquid line undersized.

Royal241
01-08-2011, 02:35 AM
i'm leaning on the same

abidmech
01-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Dear

your Liquid line is not undersized, this is common problem in solenoid liquid injection i.e sudden on and off, better to hinge your liquid with rigid support to avoid the liquid hammering or vobration.

Regard,
Abid Ameen
abid.ameen@dec.com.pk

lv frigo
01-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Hello Magoo!
Thank you for your opinion.
These are not vibrations which are used at higher velocity. These are true liquid hammer that breaks the suspension system, shocks of which break the body solenoid valves. Like this something yet I have not seen...

charlie patt
01-08-2011, 08:18 PM
fit a muffler cures any sudden shock on/ off liquid lock

lv frigo
01-08-2011, 08:46 PM
fit a muffler cures any sudden shock on/ off liquid lock

Hello Charlie!
Thanks for your suggestion.
Muffler can't be restrained these hammers (shocks). It seems that the problem of flow of liquid in the liquid line.
I examine the system and I hope to soon find a solution.

Magoo
01-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Hi Ivo frigo,
had similar problem with a coldstore, installed a small solenoid in parallel, open that first and time delayed the large solenoid opening approximately 1 minute, allowed downstream pressure to increase and stopped violent pipe hammer.

nike123
02-08-2011, 07:48 AM
I would try to install copper T and vertical copper pipe of 1m or more in length, same diameter or bigger, capped at top, before solenoid valve. That should act as "expansion vessel" and stop liquid hammering when valve closes.
I seen that in some plants (of other nature) as solution to hammering.

Other than that, sped in liquid pipe must be below 1,5m/s.
What is your liquid line size and could you make pictures of solenoids and piping from point where 1 pipe is becoming 2 pipes which feed solenoids and further to TXV and post here.

mad fridgie
02-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Are you open flash economising or via a dedicated liquid sub cooling heat exchanger.
What parts are in the economiser line, best give a sketch.

nike123
02-08-2011, 08:08 AM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?25880-Liquid-Hammer