PDA

View Full Version : a/c running all the time?

tcdmtcdt
27-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Im working on a 5 r-22ton split rheem unit and the compressor is running all the time. But I can't get the pressures to run right. outside temp is 90dgree return air is 80. HIgh pressure is 255 and low pressure is 32 degrees at first I thought it was low but I found out some other technician added more refrigerant and that didn't work. Im only getting 6 to 7 superheat and need around 20 when I first added refrigerant the low side stayed at 32 degrees F and high side went to 275 psi the superheat stayed at 0 the suction line temp with the thermometer was the same as the suction pressure/tem gauge.. then I thought it had too much ***** so I took some more out and the superheat difference got to 7 degrees but low side still 32 degrees and high side pressure is 255. Should I keep taking more out Im afraid if I take more out the line would freeze, which is the main sympton of the problem. the unit runs all day and then it can't keep up till it freezes.It's got a new compressor and cool air is coming out but my low side temp is too low. Can you help me figure this one out? I know the coil should be 40 degrees but even when it was high on refrigerant the temp was still 32 degrees. Any help would be appreciated

pacey
27-06-2011, 09:20 PM
hi mate
has it got an electronic exspansion vavle as if this is not be opening correctly it could give u low suction and high discharge also is there any chance that there could be air in the systerm

FRIDGE
02-07-2011, 08:16 PM
20k superheat is way too high

nominal superheat is 4 to 7k for air con.

a split unit normally has the recommended gas charge on the name plate. if you charged according to the name plate and you still have problem, i would the expansion device.

what caused the last compressor to fail???