PDA

View Full Version : Wrong analog signal problem of FES control center

Tung
26-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Dear Sirs:
I just received a mail from my friend who has encountered a problem on a FES control center, below is the text of his mail,

"After we installed the new process board, we found some problems when the unit stopped.

1. OIL SEPRTR 204 deg.C
2. INLET OIL 204 deg.C
3. MHg SUCTION 1440
We have changed a new temperature sensor, the parameters of oil separator and inlet oil temperature are still 204 deg.C and both can't be calibrated.
do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?"

For this problem, can any one help to solve it?
Thanks in advance!

NH3LVR
26-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Lets start out simple. What was the problem with the old board? Have you checked the DIP switch settings on the upper left side of the mainboard? Where did the new board come from? I am under the impression that FES no longer supplies the boards for that panel. Was it a used one?
Check the outputs of the power supply. These can cause all sorts of problems. After you check the DC outputs turn the meter to AC to test the AC component of the power supply output. I should be less than 1/2 percent if memory serves.
Be sure to check that all the sensors are wired correctly. Those temperature readings on the Oil look to me like default values that you would see if the sensors are not being seen by the board.

Tung
27-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi NH3LVR:
It's nice having your reply to my question,
I am sorry I am not able to answer those questions raised in your post,
because I have never been to the job site,
anyway, my friend will take me there tomorrow and I will take time to check the problem according to your promptings.
again thanks for your help.

goshen
27-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Hi
if these are 4-20 ma sensors check your wiring!
if they are of a resistor type check that they match the old ones you had
it does seem that you changed one sensor, and it influenced three,that checking your wiring would be the correct direction!
good luck