PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV System. No indication of refrigeratn amount!!! :(

Dodd90
24-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Hiya guys!

Thought id introduce myself quickly. Im 21 and am pretty new in the refigeration industry so go easy on me :p

Anyway! Ive recently been working on a vrv system that i found a leak on the oil equalisation line. Im currently waiting for the part to arrive. The problem that i have is that there are no details what so ever on the unit to the amount of R22 it takes, so when i come to fitting the new part and pressure testing ect ect, im gunna have no idea how much refrigerant the system will need. So i guess ill have to add untill the running pressure is correct. Only thing is im not sure what the running pressure of R22 is?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Ben

r.bartlett
24-06-2011, 05:02 PM
No one here knows the correct running pressure for a VRV on R22 as there isn't one.. So now what are you going to do? How do you charge inverter systems normally??

Lets expand and see if you can come up with the answer or at least the right questions

Dodd90
24-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Hmmmm i see. Not sure as ive never charged a system like this befoore:(

install monkey
24-06-2011, 07:12 PM
uve gotta measure the piperun,and do the calcs

Dodd90
26-06-2011, 01:06 PM
uve gotta measure the piperun,and do the calcs
I think the best route of action would ring maufactures with model number as see what they cant tell me :)

install monkey
26-06-2011, 01:23 PM
that will give u the factory charge,u still need pipe sizes and lengths.i take it youve checked behind the top covers

1torr
26-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Measure the liquid line lengths and ring Daikin with model numbers.