PDA

View Full Version : Install single-split

AL3X
24-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Hello guys,

Does anyone have single-split installation guide to share with? I need to install a used unit (a Mitsubishi Starmex) in my room.

The outdoor unit has enough gas in it. I can connect the pipes but don't know the sequence. I think I need to bleed some gas/air with the valve.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Brian_UK
24-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Stands back behind bullet proof shield.. ;)

JoeAT50A
25-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Alex, what is the model name, and let me know the current siturations.
If possible, do let us know whtat is the low side pressure and running amps with test-run mode.

Brian_UK
25-05-2011, 09:59 PM
If possible, do let us know whtat is the low side pressure and running amps with test-run mode.
He hasn't connected it up yet.

AL3X
26-05-2011, 03:54 AM

Hi, Joe.

It's a 1 hp single-split Starmex bought in 2007.

The unit was properly removed per below method and kept in the store about a year ago. All open ends were sealed with duct tape.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t1513111-remove_relocate_split_air_conditioner

Assuming that the gas pressure in the outdoor unit is adequate and all pipings are properly connected (pipe ends fully deburred and with nice flarring done).

What should I do next?

How to clear line in the indoor unit? I know it has to be dirt free and air purged but how to do it?

Thanks in advance...

JoeAT50A
26-05-2011, 04:50 AM
N2 purging is recommended.
deep enough vacuum to completely evacuate all the air, dust and something we don't know.
All these procedures are too big for just 1 HP unit.
But you have to do it right.

AL3X
31-05-2011, 06:04 AM
N2 purging is recommended.
deep enough vacuum to completely evacuate all the air, dust and something we don't know.
All these procedures are too big for just 1 HP unit.
But you have to do it right.

haha, don't think I want to buy cylinder of N2 or a vacuum pump just for this purpose. A/Cs are dirt cheap nowadays especially the used ones. I will use refrigerant to clear the pipe instead.

kvas
31-05-2011, 10:27 AM
If you dont have N2 and vacuum pump.A wrong method is to connect pipes and then you will unscrew a bit the coupling of low side and open valve at the high side to scan the air inside pipes as you will see some refrigerant. I dont know if there is a other method.

JoeAT50A
01-06-2011, 03:56 AM
R22 is cheap in Malaysia and no rules and regulations to stop you to release R22, good luck with R22 purging method. Somehow will work. In Europe, they have a lot of code of practices and they do apply good installation practices. For far east .... all the best!

AL3X
01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
A wrong method is to connect pipes and then you will unscrew a bit the coupling of low side and open valve at the high side to scan the air inside pipes as you will see some refrigerant.

Wrong because I release refrigerant into the air?

kvas
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes , and because you are not sure that you take out all the amount of air and dust and other contaminants.
R22 is extremely harmful for the enviroment.Here in Europe you cant buy it anymore. What happens there? If i want some can you sent me? :P !!!
Also if you dont have vacuum pump and N2 you dont know if there is a refrigerant leakage.
Joe Sorry I pointed malpractice.

AL3X
02-06-2011, 03:45 AM
What's that small (negligible) amount of refrigerant as compared to CO, CO2, NOx released into the atmosphere by millions of motor vehicle each day? Of course I will be very careful not to over-release. I want my a/c to have sufficient refrigerant (pressure) too...

AL3X
02-06-2011, 03:49 AM
...and then you will unscrew a bit the coupling of low side and open valve at the high side to scan the air inside pipes as you will see some refrigerant...

sorry, did you mean:

coupling = flared joint? Or the service valve?
low side = bigger copper tube side?
high side = smaller copper tube side?

kvas
02-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Yes, exactly flare joint.
But it is not so expensive a vacuum pump to buy. You will do it right and you will be sure it works properly and it will be there for the next time. A practice i described is outdated and ... say and insist it is wrong. Someone with more experience than me please to correct me.