PDA

View Full Version : Oil Free Compressor

aziabdul
17-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi,

Thanks for reading this post.

I am doing small report on oil free compressor. Wanted to know the applications areas where oil free air is required for following segment:

1. Chemical
2. Pulp & Paper
3. Construction equipment
4. Glass Processing

Also, how are maintenance activities different for screw and turbo oil free compressor.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Abu

glenn1340
17-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi Aziabdul,
You`ve missed one out: food processing.
Maintenance wise there`s not much difference from lubricated compressors, air filters, inlet regulator seals, motor bearing greasing need changing on both types but on oil free there`s balance piston diaphragms to change and gear box breathers to check. The gearbox oil is usually changed at 8000hr
Lubricated compressors require the oil seperator elements changing at 8000hr or if the DP reaches .5 bar and usually the oil changing at 2000 hrs or 8000hr if it`s synthetic (subject to analysis).
One major difference between the two is the price of overhauled air ends, the oil free are horrendous. so much so that many industries prefer to use lubricated compressors with food grade oil where possible.

Magoo
18-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Another possibility in refrigeration is the Danfoss USA oil less twin turbo centrif.., water chillers

aziabdul
20-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks for your inputs.

Is there any kind of link from where i could get more information regarding the maintenance activities.

Also, for the segments that I mentioned there are few application that require oil free air as any contamination in air could hamper the process. I want to understand those application areas.

Thanks

goshen
27-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi :
google danfoss turbocor, i think you will find this interesting.
enjoy:
http://www.turbocor.com/