PDA

View Full Version : Linear Flash Drives (READ ONLY)

tony2009
09-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Hi everyone; Does anyone know of a read only linear flash drive?
I've looked at the omni drive usb pro lf and while it will do what I want, they're not cheap, and I need a number of them. Additionally, I don't need the write facility as we are only looking to read from the card.
These cards are used for downloading the Advance micros; and we need to access the data which will then be transferred to the laptop and emailed to another location many miles away.
Keeping my fingers crossed, someone may know of something that will do the job.
Regards; Tony....

clivemtk
09-05-2011, 08:55 PM
hi tony why dont you download your card to reefer manager most laptops in uk have a pcmcia slot

tony2009
09-05-2011, 10:30 PM
G'day Clive; Thank you for your reply and yes we have a number of older laptops with built-in PCMCIA drives, no worries there, however, we also have a need to use new laptops for other purposes and getting new laptops with built-in PCMCIA drives is nigh impossible.
If you can imagine having laptops in every part of the continental USA, that the size of the area that we are covering in Australia and some of the areas are not that easy to get the cards out of, so if we are able to get a suitable card reader, we can email the files direct to our head office. This would save us a lot of time and effort.
I suspect that we will end up having to use the omni drive units, they just over-qualified and over-priced for what we really want to achieve.
Tony