PDA

View Full Version : slush machine

devlin maguire
03-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Anyone worked on these slush machines I took one on as a favour for my pub landlord he gives them out free to kids or adults as a mixer for vodka never tried it so I cant comment, anyway R404a is about all I can tell you, do they need syrup to work ? I tried just water and ice forms on the cylinder and starts scraping like mad,It's going ok I am going to put gauges on and I wondered what I should expect, same as ice machines ? anyone
DM

chemi-cool
03-05-2011, 06:23 PM
R404a is about all I can tell you, do they need syrup to work ?

R-404 and syrup is delicious :D Most kids can't resist it ;)

Just joking, couldn't resist.

michaelm
03-05-2011, 10:00 PM
B”H
Devlin,
Any slush machine can operate ONLY with the mixture of water and freezing depressant substance like sugar, syrup, fruit juice, salt, glycol and so on. Depending of the design of the scraping mechanism the concentration should be from 3% and up.

mikeref
03-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Been a while since i've worked on one. Minus 2c is the pour temperature however the owner should have syrup ratio if he's been using machine. Vodka in the mix?? What a sheltered life i've had..:).

lowcool
04-05-2011, 12:27 AM
if its working why fit gauges?
get rid of the vodka and hit it with tequila.
make sure the reduction box swings freely,swig freely yourself.

devlin maguire
10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi all the gauges thing was curiosity, , and the reduction box well its missing a spring that hols it against the micro switch which does ? any way when I get it going I am going to have a slush party sounds like a politcal convention eh? !!

Quality
10-05-2011, 12:44 PM
The microswitch operates the solenoid valve which feeds the evapator drum with refigerant

mikeref
10-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Some machines have a 70 second delay, that is, when the resistance of the mix is greater than the spring tension holding the motor and gearbox, then motor twists and forces microswitch to close, BUT it has to hold microswitch in for the 70 seconds without letting up to shut off compressor. In these models, this ensures consistant mix and eliminates compressor short cycle... Spring tension is critical for machine to run correct. Too much tension and mix solidifies and damage can happen if shear pins don't let go first.. Mike.