PDA

View Full Version : Problems with ' LAE AT1-5 ' electronic controllers.... experienced this anyone?????

young gun
30-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Hey everyone,
Has anyone experienced problems with the ' LAE AT1-5 ' electronic controllers such as this....

Without the controllers even being touched, but the refrigeration units there controlling being turned off for at the power point from anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes....
When the power is turned back on, the controllers, when ever they call for compressor, they just automatically turn off and turn back on......

Now if CRT is set to 0.... means the controller will turn the compressor on straight away, which means the controller is just sitting there re-setting every 2 seconds constantly.... and resetting to fast, to even have a chance to get into the parametres.....

No fault codes are showing, and for the split second the it does read the temperature, the probes are reading an acceptable temperature....

Now wev'e have approximately 7-8 Lae contorollers starting doing this in the past month......

Even after disconnection the T1 sensor, the same thing happens, but only this time it was show probe failure aswell.....

Anyone have any light on this situation pleassse??????

Grizzly
30-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Young Gun.
I have had a look at the manual as well and nothing seems that obvious.
Given that various controllers are "Failing", could the issue be as simple as the internal batteries are all giving up?
Maybe some Lae Guru, may be able to advise more.
Good luck Grizzly.

install monkey
30-04-2011, 10:50 AM
disconnect the relay outputs-is there a dry joint or poor connection and compressor startup causing vibration which then restarts the controller?

AUScooler:-)
30-04-2011, 12:41 PM
CRT default setting is 3 minutes. So if controllers have not been touched why is CRT on 0? Even with CRT set to zero there is about a 2 second delay before cooling output comes. Provided parameter SB is set to YES then you should be able to quikly press power button and OFF will be shown on display. Then you can access parameters and adjust CTR. As for the controller switching off check what install monkey says also check voltages and cooling output is not being overloaded.

young gun
30-04-2011, 02:14 PM
CRT default setting is 3 minutes. So if controllers have not been touched why is CRT on 0? Even with CRT set to zero there is about a 2 second delay before cooling output comes. Provided parameter SB is set to YES then you should be able to quikly press power button and OFF will be shown on display. Then you can access parameters and adjust CTR. As for the controller switching off check what install monkey says also check voltages and cooling output is not being overloaded.

The parametres have already been specifically adjusted, this specific unit has 2 LAE controllers, one which controls the refrigeration, and another LAE which controls a little fan which divides the display cases.......

The Lae controller #1 which controls the fan, has the CRT set to 0, so yes this one resets every 2-3 seconds, it will display a dash across the screen, then for a split second, read the temperature, then reset.....

The LAE conotroller #2 which controls the refrigeration has the CRT set to 1... so this controller will read the temperature correctly for 1 minute, then call for compressor and reset every minute..... This controller we were able to get into the parametres, we set this controllers CRT to 10, so we could check all the paramtres, thinking there may have been somthing out of whack.... but while re-setting it, we stupidly put it also to 0 when we wanted to test it.... So now this controller is doing the same as controller 1......

The door switch has been bridged, and the outputs disconnected..... and they still do the same thing reguardless.... This is happening with constant 240v to the controller, and with the outputs disconnected, and it has happened at multiple different sites, but, all to the exact same model of system. LOL.....

I do think it may have something to do with the sensor.... But it is hard to tell, as it seems to do different things, when doing the exact same tests on it..... By leaving the sensor wire that goes into connection 10, and connecting and disconnecting 11.... sometimes nothing will change, accept it will read probe failure and reset, but then sometimes, it will wind down temperatures from 50c, down to 0c, and you have enough time to get into the parametres before it resets.....

Either way, on tuesday im purchasing some new sensors to put into these controllers and see what the result it......

But either way..... we have had alot of these Lae controllers do this, and before this most recent one, they had just been getting replaced thinking they were faulty controllers..... But after it has happened a few more times, i am not determined to try and find out what is actually going on with them....

These are a late model controller and some of these probably only a few months old.....

lol but like i said i do believe atm that the sensors may be faulty... but not yet proven...... just wondering if anyyyyyonne anywhereeeee has come across this problem

young gun
30-04-2011, 02:19 PM

also sorry, when i ment " controllers have not been touched"..... I ment i was on site, for a call that the fridge unit was high temping.... i found system had a leak....' at this stage there was absolutely no sign of fault with these controllers, both were reading what seemed to be good temps, and performing correctly' turned the fridge off at the power point... repaired leak, evacuated... went to charge system, turned power back on at power point.....
lol and thats when it all started.....
and similar story with other tradesman, on the exact same models of fridge, just at other sites.......

30-04-2011, 03:23 PM
When you turn on LAE the dash- is normal this you will see for three seconds. I made a slight mistake in my previous post if CRT is set to zero there is no 2 second delay LED cooling output will come on straight away after dash -. However if CRT is on 1 i stand by what i say you did not have to adjust CRT to 10 minutes to allow you to adjust parameters all you had to do was press the power button so OFF was on display and then access parameters.

If you have disconnected outputs and checked voltages it does not look good if they are only a few months old then they are covered by warranty.

Also the door switch should not be bridged set parameter DS to no

I dont think sensor will fix

30-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Just to add nothing in the parameters set points will cause control to switch off.

install monkey
30-04-2011, 05:48 PM
tap the front of the controller to see if it restarts