PDA

View Full Version : Hubbard 460AEL SC

coolincab
24-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Hello there customer has hubbard 460 unit on 09 Renault Master van system works fine but wont work on standby mode does anyone know of any common faults.

Havent got wireing diagram for any hubbard units yet as this is the first one i have seen
any info much apreciated

tran scot
24-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi you could check the "circuit breaker", if not whats actually happening? are fans running but not cooling? is compressor working? single phase/ three phase? power supply ok?
bit more info please

cheers

coolincab
24-04-2011, 09:37 PM
single phase every thing works ok if you manually push in the contactor just jumps out as soon as you release it

cadwaladr
26-04-2011, 10:17 PM
i guess its a 12vdc contactor,check circuit thru overload ,there is a transformer which steps 240vac to about 15/20 vac then thru a rectifier which converts the low voltage ac to around 14vdc,do you know any history of the unit does the display light when plugged in and turned on with ignition key out?

coolincab
28-04-2011, 10:22 PM
yes the display unit was lit up with the ignition switched off (key still in )
this is the first hubbard i have worked on so not sure of previous working history
will try hubbard for wireing diagram as soon as i get some time

transport guy
19-05-2011, 07:38 AM
power on contactor coil(12v??)yes=u/s contactor no= problem elsewhere

vehikool
25-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi you should have a 12v feed on wire 51 out of the rectifier to the load relay, then wire 55 out of load relay to comp clutch relay, then wire 43 out of comp clutch relay to stand by relay, then wire 61 out of stand by relay to overload also check the over load setting, ask Hubbard for schematic drawing D2543 that should help
regards

coolincab
08-08-2011, 11:02 AM
thanks for the help it was the rectifier no voltage out of wire 51 got good help from Hubbard as well

chillerman2006
08-08-2011, 05:24 PM
thanks for the help it was the rectifier no voltage out of wire 51 got good help from Hubbard as well

common fault...the bridge rectifier is 50amp...and will keep going...hubbards solution was to remove the clutch wire and put screws in the clutch..sounds crude I know but it works..and was done to over 100 peters pies units

geoffthefridgem
08-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Please dont try the last bit of advice as Hubbard now use a different stand-by motor and will not start if clutch is engaged,they now fit an 8sec. timer.As regards the rectifier they would have fitted a 100amp one piece c/w cooling fins to that unit just replace like for like.one good way to test wether or not it is the transformer or rectifier at fault is to plug it in and then turn on the ignition and if it starts on electric you then know where the fault lies.i hope this is of some help.

chillerman2006
08-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Please dont try the last bit of advice as Hubbard now use a different stand-by motor and will not start if clutch is engaged,they now fit an 8sec. timer..

Hubbards actually got round to sorting a problem ?:eek:
Nearly a decade !

Along with GAH, (all x hubs) what a monkey pair

Oh well it was somewhere to start out but never a place to stay

Otley, Jack the Lepper, old memorys