PDA

View Full Version : Foster Bench Freezer Fault

Northdude
20-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi guys i have a foster PREM 1/4 4 door bench freezer. Soon as the cabinet is switched on the alarm beeps with "Probe 1 fault", the cabinet has 3 probes, air,evap and condensor. The probes are LAE. I replaced probe 1 and still the same fault came up on switch on, i tried juggling the probes about swapping them over and still "probe 1 fault", i phoned foster tech support and they told me it must be a PCB fault so i ordered a new pcb and fitted it today and still probe 1 fault appears on the screen, all the ribbon cables are inserted into the controller etc the right way round. Now with the new pcb on when i check probe temperatures on the left display it is showing question marks and no readings so i am not getting any probe readings now? anyone had a similar problem or any advice?? Thanks in advance!

cold.man
25-04-2011, 09:48 PM
i know this might sound daft and you may of already checked but are the probes wired in correctly?
if probe is replaced also pcb has been replaced wiring may be the only other option, thats what i would check anyway.

install monkey
25-04-2011, 09:51 PM
have u setup the controller for probe type?