PDA

View Full Version : Trane exv fault

pomdekiwi
05-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Hope you can help me with this one guys..

Trane RTAD 145 500kw

Having an issue with a latched fault that needs a manual reset (whatever that means) the actual fault coming up in the display is "EXV Electric drive circuit RFGT CKT 2"

Have changed the EEV as advised by trane and checked all wireing and outputs..

Just seems to me i'm mising the point on the reset an where it is perhaps

Getting desperate now been on this nearly two weeks (as reminded by those above)

Many thanks guys

Pom

CV_Geardrive
06-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Hi Pomdekiwi,
When you have a problem with an new style EXV (“gold” one) you can never be sure if the problem is located in the motor of EXV or in the board or in the mechanism of the valve.
What I propose is to switch wires of two valves in the board.
It is not easy because of Panduit connectors but you can cut the cables in a distance of 15cm before connectors and do the switch.
You will probably see that the problem will be again in CKT2 meaning that module is defective.
Please keep in mind that is you remove the wires while the expansion valve is operating then you will burn out the module.
Regards,
CV

pomdekiwi
06-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the reply CV..

Havnt actively tried that one but half afraid to incase i blow circuit one as well. All i have done since my last post is try to unplug the ev on the same type of chiller which came up with ab additional "comms" fault on circuit two but now i can't reset this chiller either but did clear the comms isssue once i plugged the eev back in.

getting very ragged around the edges with this fault now an my witts an bosses teather are close to madness setting in lol

again many thanks for the tip

Pom

pomdekiwi
06-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Just tried the swop over and put circuit one on a EXV test without issue..

Gotta be the modual.

Do you or anybody know of anywhere that you could get these rebuilt ??

Pom

pomdekiwi
07-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Hiya again with update..

Back here at blackpool and swopped the modual for a new one and found the same fault accurred but the fault seems to be wih the plug connection. Ive used the same plugs and the official tool to crimp the terminals to the plug cable grips !

Most odd

Having another bash at it today will keep you posted

Pom

goshen
08-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi
manual reset meens you have to do it from the main panel.
and most probably need to change a module,
good luck