PDA

View Full Version : Skope under bench fridge or freezer?

Tesla
19-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Checked out noisy fan then deieced coil on Skope 12CC 2 door under bench, then run it and it went down to -3degC so I switched it off as I think it is a fridge. But could it be a freezer? I searched the forum and google on the unit and tstat to no avail. I have emailed Skope and phoned the local supplier.
M# 12CC
S# V030975336

TStat = Danfoss 077F 1303RU
There are two probes on the danfoss stat.
Looks like a late 90s model.

So if it is a fridge I assume the stat needs replacing so what stat should I use to replace it with?
I know I should have got the comp # but it's been a long time since I have worked on this stuff. It is R134A. I felt the condenser and suction line and they seemed ok.

Thanks Tesla

mikeref
19-03-2011, 02:50 AM
Hey Tesla, any sign of a defrost timer? Can always check to see if there are heaters on the evap. mabye ask owner what he kept in it. Is it a digital thermostat?..Mike.

Tesla
19-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Thanks Mike
It's in a commercial kitchen where no one is there at the moment due to seasonal use. I was informed by the building attendant of the loud noise from a fridge or freezer. There is no defrost element. Also next to this two door unit is a single door unit which appears to be a freezer as it has a more advanced carel controller on it but this unit is not running. Yes it is a digital TStat with earth, 240V active and 240V controlled wires apart from that there are only the two two wire sensors connected to the board. It looks like there is no defrost control apart from maybe this thermostat, the only other control is a mechanical pressure switch. It also uses a carrel display only to display the temp.
The other thing that makes me think it is a fridge is the other unit with one door next to it has a larger condenser.

mikeref
19-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Tesla, I would check thermostat setting then leave it run. Without some background info on this unit, who knows how it was used. My guess is the thermostat doesn't work and fridge cycles on pressure control.

Tesla
19-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks again Mike I will give it a go first thing Monday and report on the outcome.

Tesla
21-03-2011, 08:47 AM
I spoke to another tech on site today who advised it is a med temp unit, so I did not want to test it and form another block of ice. The comp is a Danfoss SC12G which is good for -35 to 15degC. I contacted Danfoss who said the tstat is a special made for an OEM (Skope) which is not available for refrig wholesalers. I will ring Skope in NZ tomorrow even though I have emailed then with no reply. Looks like I may have to replace the tstat with a carel?

mikeref
21-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Tesla, Carel..IRORCOHRO1, is a common digital, Orford use them but Dixell XR30CX is what i use as it is very simple to install. Ask local Heatcraft branch about them.. Mike.

Tesla
22-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Wow Mike - wish I knew about three hours ago I just got the office to order a carel UT40AB/K01-173K replacement from skope nz @ $252.38 + $40 postage after speaking to them on the phone. I think Dixell is now run by Emerson or is one of their products. Guess I have a lot to learn - it's been 7 years since I was on the tools doing mechanical work. I should have tried Heat Craft too.
Thanks Mike I appreciate your help.