PDA

View Full Version : York centrif pre rotation vane problem

mgtet
17-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi everyone I'm having a problem with a very old (1977 I think) York Turbo pack. The prv motor will not open the vanes. It is not getting a signal from the TCLC, the compressor starts but runs permanantly unloaded. The VMS switch is closed and the prv has a constant signal to close. The machine is not equipped with hot gas so there is no 12R relay as is suggested on the wiring diagram I have. The prv acuator gets its feed directly from the TCLC, other than to close which also gets a feed from 3R when the machine is off in order to reset the vane. If I put the switch to "open" nothing happens. It is my theory that there is a problem with the current transmission, which is wired across A and B, making the TCLC think that it is running with a higher current than it actually is. I cannot, at the moment, access the current transformer as it is in a high voltage starter panel that requires an AP to open. I do know that there is a resistor wired across the CT in order to give the correct signal when all is correct. So could anybody tell me how to check out the TCLC/CT as I believe this is where the problem(s) lie.
Hope somebody can help as I've really been pulling my hair out over this one!

centrifs
26-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Is that a Barber Coleman motor on the PRV?

Magoo
27-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Can only suggest putting your multi meter ma scale DC in circuit with the input feed from the CTs to the controller and read what the controller is reacting to.
I have had CTs go out of scale.