PDA

View Full Version : Sabroe oil pressure regulator

HAMMERHIACE
12-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Had a problem with a sabroe smc112 lately, i removed the oil pressure regulation valve and found the circlip had broken and the spring and valve components had fallen into the shaft seal housing , when i fitted a replacement regulator i noted that the circlip is now on the outside of the assembly , did sabroe have a problem with faulty regulators and change the assembly or was this a one off , i would love to hear of any other regulators failing on 1997 machines , thanks , hammerhiace

Magoo
12-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Hello Hammer,
generally the spring failure has been my experince with older machines. Heat and tension etc.,

mbc
12-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Sabroe is a good compressor and I am work with these compressor more than 30 years .In my experience I notes they have weakness in body of unloading system( solenoid valve body) , it is too weak and I saw most of repairman has a problem to repair it.
also I saw may be 2 or 3 times broken of oil pressure regulation valve spring and it happen when you tight too much
regulation valve.

engrp
04-09-2011, 01:49 PM
hello hammerhiace. i know this is already an old post, but i would like to share also what happened with our smc 112L .we noticed excessive leak coming from the oil regulator, even though the oil pressure remains constant. for fear of an imminent breakdown, we asked from local sabroe supplier, if the oil regulator has serviceable parts inside. and their usual answer, was they only sell the "complete" oil pressure regulator. Anyway, we bought the said part from them (the cost, as always is very, very expensive). after we installed the new part, we disassembled the old part, and only noticed that the leak was coming from a deformed o ring. but i have not tested it yet to confirm, i only based it on visual check of the internal parts. I also noticed in your post that you mentioned that you installed a "replacement" part. May i ask if this refers to "aftermarket"(not oe)parts ? fellow members recommended "iseco" in australia and "ralco". I think "ralco" is a spanish company. did you source your part from another aftermarket parts maker ? i may be needing additional "sabroe" parts, and am contemplating to source elsewhere (had a bad experience ordering oe parts, which i also posted here). thank you

RANGER1
04-09-2011, 09:00 PM
engrp,
The "0" ring can easily be replaced with "0" ring from bearing supplier or similar.
Sabroe actually increased "0" ring section due to new type refrigerants effecting it.
Material neoprene,HNBR, OK BUNA N OK with ammonia only.
Can advise size but not at the moment.

engrp
04-09-2011, 09:52 PM
thanks for the reply, ranger1. I already bought an o ring , however, since we also bought a new oil pressure regulator, i was not able to test this repaired unit. it is a little bit frustrating, why some manufacturers, like sabroe, have some component parts, like this oil regulator, that can be disassembled, and they do not provide the component parts. asan added expense also, i encountered leak on the shaft seal. after query from local supplier, again , the reply that there are no serviceable parts, so i (again) was forced to purchase the shaft seal assembly. this time, before i installed the new part, we disassembled the old shaft seal, and upon verification that certain o rings were deformed, we just replaced them, and , this time, i installed the repaired shaft seal. the newly purchased part will just be stocked for future use(or possibly will sell it). i use to be in the auto industry, and if a sepcific part is being categorized as "non serviceable", before you can dismantle the said part, sometimes you will damage them already , while trying to open it. not so in the case of parts for the compressors, wherein, you can dismantle it, but the manufacturer does not supply component parts, and onlt insist that customers buy an "assembly" part instead. again, thanks for the inputs

Magoo
05-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi Engrp.
the answer is simple, why would they sell you a 0.50 cent oring when they can sell you a $1000.00 shaft seal kit.

engrp
05-09-2011, 08:03 AM
hello magoo, got your point.

RANGER1
05-09-2011, 10:30 AM
One good thing about Sabroe is that they give all sizes of "0" rings even the ones they don't supply seperately.

Iseco can supply a lot of parts, but they are mostly aftermarket.
You can buy a cabon seal face only fron Iseco if you wish & have the steel face lapped.

engrp
05-09-2011, 04:15 PM
thanks for the advise, ranger1. i emailed them about some possible parts order, and they promptly replied. we are just completing the compressor disassy to assure that we will not miss anything when we order the parts. thanks again to all .