PDA

View Full Version : Help needed J&E Hall monoscrew compresors

Josip
24-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi. dear members :)

I need help, suggestion, documentation ... etc ...

.... recently one local company bought two J&E Hall mono screws type HSO 2031 equipped with economizer... compressors were purchased to work in one stage system -45*C/+35*C with ammonia .... but that never happen compressors cannot work in that range....

... original vendor never come back and give up, then owner engage another local company to help somehow ..... after a lot of problems and examination they found those compressor are not capable to work in that range what is visible even from compressor envelope for those compressors .... please do not ask what and why happened, I do not know and that is behind us now .... a colleague, engineer from that company asked me for help and that is reason to come on RE forums ....

... something must be done ...... but, what to do ...????

it is necessary to use both almost new compressors ... one for the first stage and another for second stage ... i.e.

.... build two stage system -45*C/-5*C and -5*C/+35*C, but we are not sure what we have to do with compressors to get some economical work ... assume, we need to change Vi, maybe on both or only one, maybe something else not sure .... unfortunately we do not have any documentation .....

... company sent some email asking for help to J&E Hall, but unfortunately no response (what is not nice), some response/s not even like ... you cannot do that, this etc .... or you can do that in this/that way ... owner is not blame J&E Hall for this situation, but at the end completely helpless ...

That is the main reason to come here ....

I do hope on this powerful forum we have members capable to help ..... with suggestion, service manual with cross-section drawings, spare part list etc...

Thanks, its your move now ;) appreciate any help ....

Best regards, Josip :)

RANGER1
25-02-2011, 12:29 AM
http://wenku.baidu.com/view/4f5d875f312d3169a451a489.html

josip check this out it may help.
-45 sst + 35 sct looks like it will be on border to me ( see in link manual).
If you want to make 2 stage modify compression ratio wpold be definately necassary & motor on high stage compressor

RANGER1
25-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Try

http://wenku.baidu.com/view/4f5d875f312b3169a451a489.html

Magoo
25-02-2011, 01:49 AM
They make a good mooring if you own a boat.

PaulZ
25-02-2011, 06:08 AM
Hi Josip
I think I have some info on monoscrews at home somewhere, I will have a look and if I have anything I will email to you next week.
Sounds like Magoo doesn't like these compressors.
Regards
Paul

Josip
25-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi, RANGER1 :)

http://wenku.baidu.com/view/4f5d875f312d3169a451a489.html

josip check this out it may help.
-45 sst + 35 sct looks like it will be on border to me ( see in link manual).
If you want to make 2 stage modify compression ratio wpold be definately necassary & motor on high stage compressor

thanks for link ....but, cannot see it ... very slow ... trying to open and save that page but no way .... waiting to open document since morning :eek:

please, look at attached diagram from another source .... -45*C/+35*C is completely out of range ...

motor is not necessary to change because it was intended for one stage and those motors are usually little stronger, this one is 250 kW .... its a pity to use such a big motor for the first stage ...

Josip
25-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi, Magoo :)

They make a good mooring if you own a boat.

I think it is more appropriate for battleship then for a small boat ;)

cricri
25-02-2011, 07:15 PM
hi Josip,
check your Email, you have some documents to read

GHAZ
25-02-2011, 09:21 PM
hi josip ive send you some info and i will try to find some more on the compressor rebuild side

Josip
25-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi, gentlemen :)

hi Josip,
check your Email, you have some documents to read

hi josip ive send you some info and i will try to find some more on the compressor rebuild side

Thanks, documentation received, a lot to read and check again ...

Ghaz it will be very nice to have some more info about rebuild side i.e. Vi change ...

RANGER1
28-02-2011, 11:45 AM
josip,
Try the second post link as I just checked & all OK.
It is an aplications manual of 60 pages

Josip
28-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi, RANGER1 :)

josip,
Try the second post link as I just checked & all OK.
It is an aplications manual of 60 pages

Thanks, got it already.... still in researching and rechecking .... I'll come back with news, hopefully good one ...

TXiceman
28-02-2011, 01:12 PM
With my limited experience with the single screw compressor, I found them not well suited fro such long pressure ratios in a single casing. This system should have been designed as a two stage system from the start.

It looks like a good boat anchor system from the limited information provided.

Ken

HallsEngineer
05-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Hello,

Yes it is possible you will need a VR of 4.9 and they will do around 400kW only. COP is a disaster at these levels. Better to make a two stage syatem as suggested. A vr of 2.6 and 3.5 would accomplish this with a much better cop and less energy input. If you get in touch with our dartford officeand ask for design department they will help you, for a price.