PDA

View Full Version : E350 A/C comprssor running carrier ???

terryrret
05-02-2011, 03:08 AM
I have a 93 Ford E350 with a carrier 334 . It is run off the A/C comprssor . Is there another comprssor that I can run the Carrier off ? How would I hook it up ?
TIA
Terry

ZoO
05-02-2011, 03:18 AM
I have a 93 Ford E350 with a carrier 334 . It is run off the A/C compressor . Is there another compressor that I can run the Carrier off ? How would I hook it up ?
TIA
Terry

Double check for a second compressor. (Direct drive units) do not share a compressor with the driver's A/C system. They are ran from an aftermarket bracket that mounts to the front of the engine that allows for a Sel-tec compressor to be mounted. These compressors may look like the typical A/C compressor but the put out quite a bit more volume.

I am not familiar with your specific model carrier but Direct drives systems usually run a TM-15 or TM-16 compressor.

If you only have one compressor then you will have to install a bracket kit if you want A/C as well. Although finding one for a '93 might be a bit of a task.

abbsnowman
05-02-2011, 05:08 AM
This is a very easy fix. If you remove the OEM compressor, you can find a good welder fabricator and weld up a bracket. Then install a correct compressor. I have done allot of these. There is a bracket made by Red Dot that comes with the two "ear" brackets and you weld them to a flat plate. I think I may have a couple of the kits at the shop. Let me know if you need the number.
Abbs