PDA

View Full Version : Mr Wallace

monkey spanners
11-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I overheard a conversation at the wholesalers, one of the staff was talking on the phone and i got the impression that there was a sales person on the other end of the line.
The caller was advised that he needed to talk to Mr Wallace as he dealt with marketing etc, but that he was out of the office at the moment.

Slightly confused i asked and was told that Mr Wallace was fictional, they had found it a good way to get unwanted sales or marketing people off the phone.
When they call back and ask for Mr Wallace they get told he's on holiday or sick or whatever springs to mind :D
They said the funniest ones are the guys who claim Mr Wallace ordered something or other :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of employing a Mr Wallace or maybe a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEPOgntWfiE

Jon :D

Gingerair
11-01-2011, 10:52 PM
W-w-w-wicked !!!

Wob-bob-a-loo-bob... :D

mikeref
11-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Jon,I've been caught with this" spoke with you back when and you indicated bla, bla", NOT ANY MORE, thoes sneaky so and so's.

monkey spanners
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Jon,I've been caught with this" spoke with you back when and you indicated bla, bla", NOT ANY MORE, thoes sneaky so and so's.

Yeah, have had something similar, chap phones saying the 'anti bullying' booklets we agreed to sponsor have been printed and could we please nominate a local school for them to be delivered to and also make payment.....

mikeref
13-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah, have had something similar, chap phones saying the 'anti bullying' booklets we agreed to sponsor have been printed and could we please nominate a local school for them to be delivered to and also make payment.....
Exactly... underhanded tatics:mad:. I made a list in 2009 of thoes using similar methods, list was more than 9. There is 4 that i donate to but not from above list. Mainly disabled and childrens projects that i've checked to be real. There is many organisations regarding the big"C" that are just money making schemes. Tried to help one last year with information that was proven, was going to personally deliver this but they hung up on me. Alternative proven treatment does not spin the dollars. N.B. Should moderators deem this post not appropriate then feel free to delete... Mike.

stufus
13-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I think you have to be somewhat unhinged to try to profit by preying on others compassion.
But unfortunately this is the way it is today.
Oh and I f***king detest cold callers, usually get short shrift.
Spare a thought for this plumber:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=domXumvTVI8

Cheers
Stu