PDA

View Full Version : Tk uts

phil Landon
08-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi there Guys, have been working on a UTS and have a real nightmare of a problem. I can start the unit and it will run ok for about an hour and then a loud knocking comes from the compressor area. it stays for a while and then disappears. I have checked the belts and replaced. All the idlers have been replaced and the belts retensioned. The compressor pumps ok and the unit gets down to temp. the running pressures are fine. The customer bought 2 units that have been sitting around for 3 years not used. They have been running them for about 6 months and they have been working fine up till now.

When they were recomissioned the refrigerant and drier were changed as they trailers were stripped and repainted(units were removed from trailer)

I am very hesitant to change the compressor since it is so expensive. The oil level inthe comp is good and also the colour of the oil is fine. They run the trailers at +4.0deg C

Any help would be very much appreciated

regards

Phil

abbsnowman
08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Remove some oil from compressor if there is any. I bet you will find metal shavings. The sooner you catch it, the less debris will travel through the system. Hate to say it but open your wallet.
***** Make sure you really wash out the condenser when you put new compressor in!******

phil Landon
09-01-2011, 08:13 PM
HI there Abbsnowman, thanks for the reply, yea you have just confirmed my worst nightmare. I have informed the customer and am now waiting on there confirmation as to what they want to do

thanks for the help regards

phil