PDA

View Full Version : carrier 19XR chiller replacement parts

andy_19XR
28-12-2010, 09:47 AM
hi all, im a newbie here.. currently doing maintenance on a set of old 19XR carrier centrifugal chiller here in malaysia.. right now a unit is not functioning suspected due to its gas & water transducers were dead (no reading on the control panel)..

there are questions for the gurus out there:
a. How much roughly is the price of the transducers? i think the local distributors here were taking advantage boosting up the price due to its rare availability

b. Is there any other less costly alternative / parts compatible to replace these transducers?

thanks much :)

james10
28-12-2010, 06:14 PM
you need carrier parts the picII control will not recognise any other transducers they are not rare parts, nor are they over priced and you shouldn't have to pay increased prices from a dealer contact carrier uk parts who will ship worldwide

Gibbo
28-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Or you could try Carrier Singapore.

andy_19XR
03-01-2011, 09:15 AM
thanks guys.. i'm still looking for sources to get the transducers.. the local supplier quoted me RM2000 (around US$500) per pc.. and the whole system needs 16pc..
it's now time-money constraint, if the chiller is dead anytime soon means i have to just get it from the local dealer..
thanks guys

Gibbo
03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I doubt very much you have 16 dead transducers. If you are not getting any readings on any transducer or sensor you have other problems and not transducer failures.

james10
03-01-2011, 02:05 PM
have you tried calibrating the transducers

Gibbo
03-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Trust me Jimbo if he can't read them on the display no amount of recalibration will help him.

james10
04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Trust me Jimbo if he can't read them on the display no amount of recalibration will help him.
AH just re-read original post :D

Gibbo
04-01-2011, 10:26 PM
You should offer your services Jimbo. Malaysia's a great country and after the weather you have had up north would make a welcome change for a few days.
Just what you need a working holiday. ;)

james10
04-01-2011, 11:18 PM
You should offer your services Jimbo. Malaysia's a great country and after the weather you have had up north would make a welcome change for a few days.
Just what you need a working holiday. ;)
Got enough with those buggers as it is i dont need the heat in malaysia to add further problems, the weather hasn't been too bad up here apart from the -20 on the odd day makes you feel like you have blood in your bones:D

james10
04-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Andy,are there any readings at all on the control or is it just press/temps you cannot read check all the fuses/supplys in the PSIO Module could well be knackered though i think it would be cheaper to get carrier in for a day to diagnose rather than change all the transducers on a punt get them to diagnose and you fix if the 110v feed to the ism(if fitted) has blown this could also cause this problem

Gibbo
04-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Pity as a few days R & R with the girlies at Raffles on the way back would perk you right up. lol