PDA

View Full Version : BEKO CDA543F - Stopped Working

glerwell
16-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi

I have a BEKO CDA543F and it has suddenly stopped working. I've tried turning up the thermostat but still nothing.

I can hear a tiny noise coming from it but not the usual whirring noises that I am used to. The light in the fridge works, so there is power going in to it.

Some of the things in the freezer have defrosted and the fan isn't going around (if it should be that is).

I've read in the manual about the temperature of the room being above 5 degrees celsius. Could the room temperature cause this?

It has been really cold in the UK lately but not as cold as it was a few weeks ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks

monkey spanners
16-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Does it go humm click and then quiet for a while or is the tiny noise constant?

glerwell
16-12-2010, 05:25 PM
The noise seems to be constant, its like really shallow buzz.

sedgy
16-12-2010, 05:40 PM
hglerwell, if the temp in the room is 5c and as you say you have turned the stat UP then the stat setting could be 10c , why dont you get a fridge tec in ? sedgy

glerwell
17-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I turned it off before bed last night and put it back on this morning and turned the thermostat up to 5. A few hours later I noticed the fridge was cold again and that fan was going around in the freezer.

There was a small build up frost in the fridge, so I turned the thermostat down to 3 but I've now noticed the fan isn't going around in the freezer.

Should the fan be working?

I've just turned the therostat back up to 5, to see if will kick in again.

sedgy
17-12-2010, 03:20 PM
hi , so you got it running ? so why not leave it running to see if its ok or not ?
< should the fan be running ?< normally the fan would stop when you open the door< but I am not farmiliar with your unit ,