View Full Version : Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

walthobs
09-12-2010, 11:43 PM
so, 3 weeks ago i replaced a tev on a walk-in cooler evap, r-22, 1 ton which was restricted. all good until today. found pressures 130/ 10 psig ( 35* ambient and no c/u fan cycle control), good amps on comp. high superheat. Disconnected C/U fan and head pressure will not rise. dump some liquid out of liquid line and pressures rose for about a minute suction and discharge then right back down. even my discharge temp of comp. is subcooled 20*+ , my stance is that tecumsah compressor is somehow bleeding inside , if valve in compressor was stuck open than amps would be effected any ideas guys????:rolleyes:

Tesla
10-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Hi walthobs - Welcome to our forum.
Is it possible another restriction has formed? and maybe the system had been overcharged. I think if the valve were faulty in the comp the comp would be hot.

tonyelian
10-12-2010, 06:08 PM
hi
did you change filter drier.how did you knew that the tev is restricted not the drier you have to check where the restriction is or else you may have a leak.hope that help

Magoo
11-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Assuming 35 F ambient, the unit is over condensing, and system balance lost.
By dumping R22 I hope you meant recovered.
Alternative is moisture in system and TXV has blocked off.
You should have condenser in region of +35'C condensing and compressor suction in range of - 8.0 'C