PDA

View Full Version : Ts 200 or Md 200 KDII or RDII?

hugdido
04-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Hi, I'm close to buying three units TK and I have some doubt what to buy. TS200 aluno offer me a good price and also a MD200 but more expensive. What is the difference between these units? Which is better?
Separate the difference between RDII and KD II? which is better?
Thank you very much
I await your responses.

abbsnowman
04-12-2010, 03:30 AM
Differance between a TS and a MD is the compressor. The TS uses a scroll compressor and the MD or KD or RD uses a reciprocating compressor.
Personally, I prefer a recip in transport but thats just me.
MD, is smaller than KD and KD is Smaller than the RD. The RD uses the 4cyl compressor and has larger capacity than the KD and MD which use the 2 cyl compressor. (Obviously the coils are also sized accordingly.)
Hope this helps,
ABBS

Robert Hilton
04-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Indeed, the KDII uses D/X214 compressor (2 cylinders 14 cu in) and the RDII an X426 (4 cylinders 26 cu in) The RD is the better of the two especially when it comes to capacity. Reliability I would have to give to the RD.
I've no personal experience with the TS200 although we have a number of TS500/600 units both single and multi-temp. The scrolls (certainly the older ones have given sterling service to date. The scrolls are made by DWM Copeland, they're not built by TK. The new range of truck units have deleted the scroll for that reason not because of any endemic problems.

joelsantander
04-12-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm with abbsnowman between scroll and recip compressor. Scroll compressor is not working here in middle east where ambient temperature can go up to 55C. MD200 is far better than TS200, but if you want more capacity then take the RD.

hugdido
06-12-2010, 12:43 AM
thanks folks.
HUGO