PDA

View Full Version : ice maker hoshizaki water problem

bradymiclos
03-12-2010, 05:06 PM
hi i have problem with ice maker hoshizaki km2000srf
water cooled
my problem is;the first cycle is good production the second production is bad very small cubes

y try filling manually water when the machine in defrost mode and evry cycle is good

the problem is low water filling

what can recommed me ?
increase water pressure?
more bigger the `pipe installed 1/2 ´´

what else ?

thanks sorry for my poor english

Magoo
04-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Check water supply pressure and clean the water pre-strainer out, check the water level control valve is opening.

bradymiclos
04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
thanks magoo the manual say i need 10 to 113psi,what pressure u reccomend to me to run normal cycles the machine?

matt.yelland
04-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Every time I have a water issue, its usually down to some scale in the dump valve letting by and duping its water down the drain....

Hope that this helps

Regards

Matt

bradymiclos
23-12-2010, 10:44 PM
when u say dump valve? look the first cycle are good size the cubes 2cond more or less 3th bad 4th more bad when y try manualy in defrost time fill water direct to the tank of the machine every cycle are good size so am 100% sure the problem is WATER i dont know if the inlet water valve fault float switch i my area i dont have people can help me with hoshizaki machines this is why am bother in this fourm
sorry

Magoo
23-12-2010, 11:10 PM
The water fill solenoid can also suffer from calcification, strip and clean out. The solenoid if clogged up will restrict flow rate as well as strainers up stream of solenoid.
Here we generally have 4 bar water pressure or 60 ish psig. And they still block up strainers and solenoids. With gunge and calcification.
Hope this helps.. Magoo

acb
26-12-2010, 10:22 AM
the problem is definately water mate, youre either not getting enough during the harvest cycle or youre losing it during freezing cycle , a couple of things you can check without getting too technical, remove the water supply hose from the back of machine and look inside the valve you connect it to, it should be clean, if this is ok check spray bar is it dirty and squirting water out of the machine instead of up into ice cubes, if no spray bar check the water sump, does it have a drain thats leaking water out during freezing cycle therefore machine is running out of water before cycle finishes.
let me know how you get on with this mate.

tonyhavcr
27-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Every time I have a water issue, its usually down to some scale in the dump valve letting by and duping its water down the drain....

Hope that this helps

Regards

Matt

The damp valve but the first thing you do is clean the unit well then re-move the dump valve and clean pull the spring two times then check the water screen @ water valve and water filter this will save on call backs.

Royal241
29-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Hope you solved your problem. I encountered the same situation, there was a manufacturer filter that caused the restriction in the water pressure. I replaced them (3), same problem after like a week or so. I trashed their filtering system and installed an ordinary filter. Works fine. Dunkin 4 ever!!!!!

bradymiclos
04-02-2011, 05:06 PM
still had the water problem :(