PDA

View Full Version : which split AC system is better...daikin, mitsu, fujitsu??

andrew20441
27-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Dear All
just asking, can anyone give some term of reference to the best manufacturer of AC system available. just some indicators to, relaibility, costs performance, noise attenuation, system costs, .....

i am are evaluating the old daiken systems in some 80 apartments, old inverter types compressor connecting 3 indoor units.

i know that this maybe a regional bias also and related to other factors but i am purely interested in basic info...not installation factors at this point.

Also:
system reporting, just some ideas like temperature differentials across indoor coils...is there a value that should be the ideal...?
Lagging, thickness...how do you determine how thick to go...

Thanks for your support..
BR
Expat in Vietnam

Grizzly
27-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Hi Andrew.
Yours is an unfair question.

Which is best is not a good topic for this forum.

Most engineers prefer that equipment that they know best.
Not always the same as that which is the best.
Generally you get what you pay for!

Grizzly

paul_h
27-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Whatever has the best local support for you. If you stick with mits, fujitsu, dakin or panasonic, it's all of a muchness. Mits and fuji are pretty close, dakin and pana are pretty close. What separates them is local support, parts, and price. Best bet is to talk to local engineers who have experience in the operating conditions you have and can see the site

Grizzly
27-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Whatever has the best local support for you. If you stick with mits, fujitsu, dakin or panasonic, it's all of a muchness. Mits and fuji are pretty close, dakin and pana are pretty close. What separates them is local support, parts, and price. Best bet is to talk to local engineers who have experience in the operating conditions you have and can see the site

Now that is a good reply, without favour and sound advise.
Thanks Paul.
Grizzly

r.bartlett
27-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Well, I like Mitsubishi and I like Fujitsu -but which one is better..Hmmmm, There's only one way to find out

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian_UK
27-11-2010, 10:21 PM
You've been watched Mr Hill far too much. ;)

monkey spanners
27-11-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np6gyUb0E7o

Jon :)

andrew20441
28-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Gentlemen
thank you very much for your input and insights....i also would tend to agree with you..however i am in a land of smoke and mirrors combined with huge amounts of copied parts. I wanted to get a handle on the industry info.
I know regional differences occur with manufacturers being more favoured than others.
Thanks though you have answered the question, i have the best 4 manufacturers, just a matter of choice via cost benefit analysis.

All the best

Andrew