PDA

View Full Version : How do you pressure test?! Help!!

Xeomus_Aevis
22-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Basically I need to know the correct way to pressure test a fridge system from what side to connect the gauges to how long to keep the system on test! Any ideas?

Jameswilkinson
22-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Im at college and got to do a report on pressure testing i know parts of how to do it , but would like to know if i am doing it the correct way if some1 could write the correct methors and explain it it woul be very helpfull

sedgy
22-11-2010, 11:58 AM
same as the thread < above<

frank
22-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Im at college and got to do a report on pressure testing i know parts of how to do it , but would like to know if i am doing it the correct way if some1 could write the correct methors and explain it it woul be very helpfull
Why don't you write what you know and then let us correct any mistakes or fill in the blank spots.

At least that way, we will be able to help you with the task rather than do it for you. ;)

Brian_UK
22-11-2010, 07:16 PM
It seems that college lecturers are teaching less and less now and the students don't do a lot of text book reading either.

Or is it me ?

chilliwilly
22-11-2010, 07:58 PM
No its not you. I beleive its the overall education institute standards forcing a generation gap, against the better judgement of the good lecturers. And too much time spent on play stations and the like, and not enough time building bogies, repairing punctures on push bikes, digging the garden, and not meddling with bicarb, water and biscuit tins when their kids.

Grizzly
22-11-2010, 09:10 PM
The first question to be asked is which type of pressure test do you require?
System strength test, or a pressurised leak test?

Secondly are you intending to test the whole system or just part of the system?
Which of course is related to the first pair of questions.
Grizzly