PDA

View Full Version : problem with manitowic ice machine

sheriff101
21-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Hi guys my problem with a manitowic machine model #QR1000A. First the condenser fan motor had burned and i change it. After i installed the motor the dump valve arc out and i change it. Now the dump valve continues to dump the water out of the machine. If i take the valve out of the circuit the water inlet valve take in the water and it overflows, no ice is made, and the machine is going through the cycle but it keeps taking in water and the water over flows and flow into the bin

FEISTY
23-11-2010, 02:54 AM
First, remove the leads from the dump valve solenoid. If it continues to flow, change it. As long as you have no control over water flow, the machine will not produce ice simply because you are not holding water that is allowed to chill enough to freeze. If you are burning out electrical components, I would start by checking input voltage, ground wiring, etc. It sounds as if you have an electrical problem that needs solving before you keep damaging parts. Also, make sure you are using parts of the correct voltage. 208v put to 115v parts make for a pile of scrap. Good luck.

sheriff101
25-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi i wanted to ask if the motor had burn and the dump valve is it likely that the board can have a short on it and cause the dump valve to run all the time