PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Valve fault

EccentricDyslex
20-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi chaps, my heat Pump and Acwell 10kw out(2KW in) job has developed a fault...i have tracked it down to the RV as the temps going in and out are not what they should be and it would seem the gases from the high side are leaking to the low side pretty severely as I’m loosing 75% of the compressors heat through it.:mad:
I am not an engineer(but would love to be able to repair this myself) and am in deepest darkest France so finding an engineer that can remove it is not gonna be easy.....its coming up to the cold season and we have no heating!
A couple of questions, can the solenoid be test of the machine with out loss of gas?
Can i remove the valve completely....i understand they are not needed on UFH HPs anyway--I’m not gonna be wanting to cool my floor! And they cost 5% efficiency for the (privilege!)
is it possible to do it DIY? i am happy to learn and buy the tools needed etc.
It has R407 gas in it.
Ta
Steve

sedgy
20-11-2010, 09:12 AM
hi eccentric,
ii is dangerous to open up the pipework, thats why in the EEC you have to be qualified to do so, to explain it in more detail read the thread below yours, it is explained quite eliquetly,

EccentricDyslex
20-11-2010, 02:42 PM
i didnt plan on opening up the pipe work without removing the gas....unless the RV can be bypassed and pipes crimped to stop flow through it? ie using autocutting fittings?

which thread were you directing me to?

steve

sedgy
20-11-2010, 03:12 PM
hi the thread ,titled, question for revercing valve from mike davis it was 4th from the bottom on the page where your question is listed