PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi G50 / City Multi Control Problem

Contactor
10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Hello

Had a call to a PARF27 controller group not heating today.

When switched to heating, the controller went into standby (as normal) but instead of bringing on the heating reverted back to cooling mode.

Investigated the G50 and found none of the groups had been assigned their corresponding PARF27 address.

Made the necessary changes, checked heating to cooling and back again and all fine - BUT -

I installed and commissioned this site a couple of years ago, it's 27 cassetts interlocked with Lossnays and there has been no problem until today.

Nobody has tampered with the G50, it's locked in a cupboard!

Can anyone explain why the G50 lost its PARF27 addresses and why only the one controller/group was playing up.

Could this be a software fault with the G50? :rolleyes:

Thermatech
12-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Very strange.
Not seen this before.
Have forgotten to add a remote controller address to a group on the central control & then had to go back because the remote controller was flashing HO after power cut.

When trouble shooting older systems I have sometimes found the occational remote controller not set for a group at the central controller but always assume some one forgot to set it or someone has been tampering with the central controller group settings.

Contactor
12-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks

They did have a power cut a while back, one of the other PARF27 needed to be re-assigned the unit addresses.

It seems odd that none of the controllers were assigned a group on the G50 and only the one group was refusing to heat.

Do you know if sometimes data on the M-Net gets corrupted by a power surge / cut and if this can only be resolved by re-initialising the G50?

Regards

Contactor
12-11-2010, 08:00 PM
I suppose its possible someone has been fiddling, if so the customer is unaware or telling lies, it wouldn't be the first time... !