PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman CME256 Water Diagnostic Light

alphamarcaphi
10-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Hello all, I have a Scotsman CME256. It is harvesting ice, but at a very slow pace.

Everytime I look at the control panel, the off light is green, and the water diagnostic light blinks red twice. If I want to harvest ice, I have to hold down the off button, and then freeze and it will start the process.

I have done my research on old threads, and it appears to be linked the water coming into the machine. Some have speculated its the bin eyes, but I spoke to Scotsman tech support, they said the refrigeration light would blink if that were the case.

So I am stumped what it could be. I took apart the inlet valve and cleaned the metal screen, there was no dirt there. I also took it apart a little more and well lets just say I could have f-ed it up more. I haven't put it back together yet, will wait until tomorrow.

Anyone have ideas? The rude tech guy said it would be something in the reservoir that needs adjusting?

jerrmey
12-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Try the water level sensor..

Paul J
12-11-2010, 09:16 PM
according to the manual (available on scotsman-ice.com.it) the light indicates that the water has taken longer than 3 minutes to fill the tank and make contact with the water level sensor, if this is not the case check the waterlevel sensor.
Cheers Paul:cool:

tudorice
31-12-2010, 04:48 PM
simple but sometimes overlooked aspect is: Is there sufficient water pressure to the machine. had a scenario once where i was called out to fix a ice machine and it turned out the shop next door had a t-piece further up the water line and a tap for there sink connected and they would run the water almost all day (washing dishes, spraying the floors etc etc) caused the ice machine not to work